Windows 10: Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

Discus and support Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emma...H, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Emma...H Win User

Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my background.

:)

Emma...H, Jul 4, 2022

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2022
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Unable to change Wallpaper / Background Image since upgrading phone to Windowes 10.1

Hi Tracy,

Regarding your issue about changing your background photo, we'd like to ask some questions to fully understand your concern:

• How do you change your background photo?
    • Do you encounter any error message when trying to change your background image?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed in relation to this issue?

Billy Med, Jul 4, 2022
  4. DanLouis Win User

Wallpaper/Background Image Clarity

I noticed that the image quality is greatly reduced when made into the wallpaper of the phone. There has to be a way adjust that option to prevent it from compressing the image so drastically. I've tried resizing the images myself and reducing the file sizes
    but to no avail.

My question: How can I force WM6.1 not to do this and keep the original image as the background/wallpaper?

My phone (SCH i220 Samsung Code) is using Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard.

DanLouis, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image - Similar Threads - Wallpaper background image

2. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  3. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  4. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  5. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  6. Stop changing the background when moving images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop changing the background when moving images: When I highlight several image files and move it, it'll sometimes change my background. How do I stop it from doing that? submitted by /u/hoistthefabric [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hduw5r/stop_changing_the_background_when_moving_images/
  7. Background image changes to image not on my PC

Background image changes to image not on my PC: My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS...
  8. Wallpaper images

Wallpaper images: I installed a group of images from Microsoft over the weekend. This download comprises pictures of beautiful places. The images cycle through. I don't like this feature and wish to remove them. Where do I find them?...
  9. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373
  10. Slideshow background images (wallpaper)

Slideshow background images (wallpaper): I've had Windows 10 for a while and have had fun with the programs ability to "slideshow" the desktop backgrounds (wallpaper) but, a recent upgrade has limited the number of active wallpapers to 20. I have about 50 in the file titled DesktopBackground but the...