Windows 10: VLC

Discus and support VLC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does my VLC Player keeps freezing in Windows 10? Could it be because of compatibility problems now that Windows 11 is available? Its been doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Fox1, Jan 6, 2023.

1. VLC

Why does my VLC Player keeps freezing in Windows 10? Could it be because of compatibility problems now that Windows 11 is available? Its been doing this for weeks and weeks now ive tried so much and even re-installed Windows.

:)

Daniel Fox1, Jan 6, 2023
  2. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

http://bfy.tw/581L

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Jan 6, 2023
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Amit_Sun Win User

VLC

vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

VLC

1. VLC - Similar Threads - VLC

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in VlC media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in VlC media player: I keep getting a message to change my media player for best results to "VLC MEDIA PLAYER" it them tells me to change on settings to make default using VLC media player plugin. I've tried everything I can think of to find "said" plugin with no results. Can someone help me...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in VlC media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in VlC media player: I keep getting a message to change my media player for best results to "VLC MEDIA PLAYER" it them tells me to change on settings to make default using VLC media player plugin. I've tried everything I can think of to find "said" plugin with no results. Can someone help me...
  4. Why is VLC media player Not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is VLC media player Not opening?: Bruh, im tired of specific apps that play videos or music not openNow this happens, VLC does not open, i need it to test video quality and what the music or sound sounds like, I cant use the new media player as it does not provide a friendly enviroment to me and worst of all,...
  5. Why is VLC media player Not opening?

Why is VLC media player Not opening?: Bruh, im tired of specific apps that play videos or music not openNow this happens, VLC does not open, i need it to test video quality and what the music or sound sounds like, I cant use the new media player as it does not provide a friendly enviroment to me and worst of all,...
  6. Salve. Non riesco a leggereci dvd con qualsiasi lettore vlc media player o altro. Molto...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Salve. Non riesco a leggereci dvd con qualsiasi lettore vlc media player o altro. Molto...: Non riesco a leggere con NESSUN lettore che sia vlc o video media player i films su dvd vob !!!!!Praticamente appena vado sul file vob la barretta rimane gialla per qualche secondo incantata, e poi rimane cone bloccato, come se fosse vuoto, strano strano !!!Perche' ???????...
  7. Salve. Non riesco a leggereci dvd con qualsiasi lettore vlc media player o altro. Molto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Salve. Non riesco a leggereci dvd con qualsiasi lettore vlc media player o altro. Molto...: Non riesco a leggere con NESSUN lettore che sia vlc o video media player i films su dvd vob !!!!!Praticamente appena vado sul file vob la barretta rimane gialla per qualche secondo incantata, e poi rimane cone bloccato, come se fosse vuoto, strano strano !!!Perche' ???????...
  8. Salve. Non riesco a leggereci dvd con qualsiasi lettore vlc media player o altro. Molto...

9. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  10. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...