Windows 10: Virus Scans for .zip files

Discus and support Virus Scans for .zip files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by User_347, Sep 6, 2024.

1. User_347 Win User

Virus Scans for .zip files

Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does Malwarebytes and Mcaffe? Please be very specific

:)

User_347, Sep 6, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 6, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Virus Scans for .zip files 274773d1587048469t-windows-security-virus-scan-1.png

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Virus Scans for .zip files 274774d1587048581t-windows-security-virus-scan-2.png

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Sep 6, 2024
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

1. Virus Scans for .zip files - Similar Threads - Virus Scans zip

2. Virus Scans for .zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scans for .zip files: Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does Malwarebytes and Mcaffe? Please be very specific...
  3. Virus Scans for .zip files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Scans for .zip files: Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does Malwarebytes and Mcaffe? Please be very specific...
  4. Files not opening during virus scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not opening during virus scan: When performing a virus scan with ESET there are many files that are not opening during the virus scan. Why is that and how can I open them?Such as: Log C:\DumpStack.log.tmp - unable to open [4] Log C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\root\Flattener\AppvIsvStream32.dll -...
  5. Files not opening during virus scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not opening during virus scan: When performing a virus scan with ESET there are many files that are not opening during the virus scan. Why is that and how can I open them?Such as: Log C:\DumpStack.log.tmp - unable to open [4] Log C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\root\Flattener\AppvIsvStream32.dll -...
  6. Virus Scan shows a lot of files

Virus Scan shows a lot of files: I was scanning my desktop 2 days ago and it scanned 13 Million files. Im stumped as to where these files are and how do I clean them up if most aren't being used? I don't feel like I should have 13M files on my desktop....
  7. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.: the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the quarantine option I don't really remember All I know is the zip file was still there so I scanned it with windows defender and...
  8. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.: the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the quarantine option I don't really remember All I know is the zip file was still there so I scanned it with windows defender and...
  9. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

10. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED: Hi Everyone, I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet. However can download Windows Updates. Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed. Thank you in advance, John...