Windows 10: ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop

Discus and support ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old ViewSonic monitor VA2012wb which is displaying fine on a laptop running Windows 10. On a separate laptop running Windows 11, it allows me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VL2023, Jul 2, 2024 at 10:32 AM.

1. VL2023 Win User

ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop

I have an old ViewSonic monitor VA2012wb which is displaying fine on a laptop running Windows 10. On a separate laptop running Windows 11, it allows me to select the correct resolution 1020x1080 but it displays the wrong aspect ratio - see below. I even tried the other resolution but they all show the wrong ratio. It always shows the display with almost the same height as the width - see below.I already tried removing display drivers, scan hardware changes and restart and that did not resolve the issue.Also checked and ViewSonic does not provide any drivers available for this.Please help a

:)

Thema:

ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop

1. ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop - Similar Threads - ViewSonic monitor older

2. ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ViewSonic monitor older model shows wrong aspect ratio on Windows 11 laptop: I have an old ViewSonic monitor VA2012wb which is displaying fine on a laptop running Windows 10. On a separate laptop running Windows 11, it allows me to select the correct resolution 1020x1080 but it displays the wrong aspect ratio - see below. I even tried the other...
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu. I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop. My screen is...
  5. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu. I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop. My screen is...
  6. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  7. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  8. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  9. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  10. Change monitor aspect ratio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change monitor aspect ratio: How do I change the monitor aspect ratio on a lap top. Its 4:3 and needs to be 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-aspect-ratio/3d3b53df-93b9-45d2-9c8a-75cfff58ec2d