Windows 10: View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

Discus and support View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Except for a problem in my main rig... No boot and no fan activity (Z87-Plus) ... I have all things in order to start playing with 9 when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Vladimir Win User

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

Except for a problem in my main rig...

No boot and no fan activity (Z87-Plus)

... I have all things in order to start playing with 9 when it leaks...

Vladimir, Sep 14, 2014

2. I'm experimenting with Windows 8.1 in a VM right now, and I'm as surprised as anyone to say "I like it". I will try Threshold as a Consumer Preview (IF !!!! If there is an x86 build). I'll decide which I like better then.

Jody Thornton, Sep 15, 2014
  3. Flashorn Win User
    I skipped W8 but, will give this one a try.
    Have a good G73JH waiting for this purpose.

I like a desktop OS to be just that. IF I wanted
    to play around with mobile devices then, I would
    buy one. Not interested in having both on the
    same screen.

Flashorn, Sep 18, 2014
  4. Pendaws Win User

I think I will wait and see. I have tried Win 8,8.1 and was not overly impressed but, maybe Win 9 will be the fix?

Pendaws, Sep 20, 2014
  5. Very close between the Yes/Undecided

Only 1 person has said they wont be getting it

paulsalter, Sep 20, 2014
  6. I have a dual boot machine with Ubuntu on one drive, and an SSD awaiting W9 so I can evaluate it, so YES!

kingdomservant, Sep 22, 2014
  7. Tony K Win User
    I think I've read enough where they have improved the Modern aspect of the system a lot more, so yes I'll definitely upgrade. The Store app multi-windowing on multiple desktops is a huge plus for both sides. I'll try it, but I don't think I'll use the new Start Menu, so I'll continue to use the Start Screen.

I'll be dual booting with my 8.1Pro until final release.

A little over a week and counting down! *Dinesh

Tony K, Sep 22, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I think I'm thinking the same way you are on this. I was around 90% certain but now I'm at 98% and if my test works out then it's a done deal. It's going to be fun to test out Win9!! *Thumbs

BunnyJ, Sep 22, 2014
  9. Still waiting for one final bit of info before making my decision (hopefully mentioned soon), if this is reasonable then I will definitely be upgrading

How many ££ is it going to cost me

paulsalter, Sep 22, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    Yes, I think both camps will be happy, but still left to "debate" which aspect of the system is quicker to use. *Tongue

Tony K, Sep 22, 2014
  11. I know which aspect of the system I will use *Smile

But I have read on other sites this option might not exist in final version

paulsalter, Sep 22, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    So few more days and we can expect "Windows 9 Hate Club"-s popping all over the place.

CountMike, Sep 22, 2014
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Yes,, just as it occurred when Win8 came out.
    My thought for the day, if you don't like it why complain.. no one is forcing you to use it.

BunnyJ, Sep 22, 2014
  14. Tony K Win User
    Hopefully those that preview/test it will get a free license.

I know you have 8.1 on your tower and a WP8.1, but not sure how much Modern you use. Which aspect might not exist in final version? Would you please expound on both? Just curious is all.

Tony K, Sep 22, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    The forum will definitely get too hot for the touch. *Wink

Same thoughts here almost daily. *Biggrin

Tony K, Sep 22, 2014
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9 - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Are you in the fast upgrade track or slow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Are you in the fast upgrade track or slow?: I'm just wondering what everyone is doing, and why? 3847
  7. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Easiest Upgrade of Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Easiest Upgrade of Failed: Hi there Just curious here about experiences of your upgrades Essentially I'm interested in these options 1) Easy upgrade 2) Upgraded but some minor problems 3) difficult upgrade but still upgraded 4) reverted back to previous version Cheers jimbo 81542
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602