Windows 10: Videos lagging Windows 11

Discus and support Videos lagging Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just switched to a new laptop with Windows 11 and now I've encountered a very tiresome issue.I work with videos in two different settings and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danish Delight, Oct 7, 2024 at 3:57 AM.

1. Videos lagging Windows 11

I just switched to a new laptop with Windows 11 and now I've encountered a very tiresome issue.I work with videos in two different settings and they are now both very laggy.One type is browser/cloud based software with an internal video player. When I pause and leave the window and return to start the video again, it lags for a couple of seconds and audio is delayed a bit longer than that. This makes my work almost impossible to do.I work in Chrome but have also tested in Firefox and Edge with the same result.The other type of videos are used with local software on the pc but the results are t

:)

Danish Delight, Oct 7, 2024 at 3:57 AM

2. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

I have tried every step that you suggested with no good results. I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L675D-S7049..

The exact problem is the video and the sound lags and makes a buzzing sound . it does it on all videos and sound. even on iTUNES

DENNISBUZZELL, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:07 AM
  3. Video starts lagging no matter the format - RAM usage error?

I’m having trouble with any form of video playback on my machine no matter if it’s played with VLC or HTML5 webvideo (Youtube) via Firefox or Edge. The preview video in Adobe Premiere is also affected.

In all cases the video starts lagging (picture and sound) after a while of opening and playing several different videos or after working some time in Premiere. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to a RAM issue but apparently, I was a victim of spurious correlation:

My machine had 16 GB RAM and the video started lagging whenever RAM usage was approaching 8 GB or RAM. I figured that the RAM was defective and although tests did not confirm this I changed all RAM blocks and increased RAM to 32 GB. However, the problem persists. Whenever task manager shows 10-11 GB of RAM usage videos start lagging. As soon as the RAM usage drops bellow these values video playback is back to normal.

I have also kept an eye on video memory. But this does not seem to be an issue as the video starts lagging no matter if video memory is used by 10 or 90%.

I am really at a loss of ideas what else I should try or check. Any suggestions?

System information:

• RAM: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 Crucial Ballistix) CPU-Z Memory
    • HD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    • CPU: Core i5 4570S CPU-Z CPU
    • Mainboard: Intel DH87RL (newest BIOS 07/20/2015)
    • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (1024 MB of reserved memory)

user3347232, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:07 AM
  4. pepanee Win User

Videos lagging Windows 11

Can't get Youtube to show videos in Chrome

Load this checklist video in Edge: (I'm assuming you did at least a few of these steps, since you stated you tried other suggestions earlier) Go through the list of suggestions here to try to repair YouTube for Chrome...

Thema:

Videos lagging Windows 11

1. Videos lagging Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Videos lagging

2. Videos lagging Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos lagging Windows 11: I just switched to a new laptop with Windows 11 and now I've encountered a very tiresome issue.I work with videos in two different settings and they are now both very laggy.One type is browser/cloud based software with an internal video player. When I pause and leave the...
  3. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself and cursor lag issues on my windows10 HP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself and cursor lag issues on my windows10 HP...: Lately, my laptop has had an issue where videos keep getting interrupted, with the system constantly playing and pausing them. This happens on all types of players, including web browsers, YouTube videos, VLC media player, and more for some reason, the video and audio plays...
  4. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself and cursor lag issues on my windows10 HP...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself and cursor lag issues on my windows10 HP...: Lately, my laptop has had an issue where videos keep getting interrupted, with the system constantly playing and pausing them. This happens on all types of players, including web browsers, YouTube videos, VLC media player, and more for some reason, the video and audio plays...
  5. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself and cursor lag issues on my windows10 HP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. PowerPoint Audio with Static and Video is Lagging Towards the Latter Part of Presentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerPoint Audio with Static and Video is Lagging Towards the Latter Part of Presentation: I have a 50 page PowerPoint. Presentation with videos and audio it is working nice and seamless. The audio and video are clear until I get to about page 35 through the end when the video is lagging and the audio has static When I stopped the presentation and restarted at page...
  7. PowerPoint Audio with Static and Video is Lagging Towards the Latter Part of Presentation

PowerPoint Audio with Static and Video is Lagging Towards the Latter Part of Presentation: I have a 50 page PowerPoint. Presentation with videos and audio it is working nice and seamless. The audio and video are clear until I get to about page 35 through the end when the video is lagging and the audio has static When I stopped the presentation and restarted at page...
  8. PowerPoint Audio with Static and Video is Lagging Towards the Latter Part of Presentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  10. Video games lagging on fullscreen

Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...