Windows 10: video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

Discus and support video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've taken video and still photos on my iPhone. The time and date the video and stills are taken is displaying correctly in the "information" about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IamGER, Sep 19, 2024 at 3:32 AM.

1. IamGER Win User

video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

I've taken video and still photos on my iPhone. The time and date the video and stills are taken is displaying correctly in the "information" about the files on my phone. I have copied both types from my iPhone to my Windows computer. The "date taken" displays the correct time and date on the computer for the still photos but the "media created" time is incorrect for the videos. In most cases the "media created" time on the video file in Windows is 5.5 hours after the actual time the video was taken. The dates are correct. Please note I am not looking at the time and date the file was imported

:)

2. Cr00zng Win User

Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer

It does help, thanks, I've learned about importing pictures and videos instead of using copy/paste.

While my system does not have the "PTP" driver, just the "MTP", it does allow importing pictures and videos. There's no error message like on yours. It must be working, since it finds duplicate file names for images that had been copy/pasted previously from the iPhone:

video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer 215643d1543504183t-cannot-see-iphone-file-explorer-import-iphone.jpg

Maybe this is just for Windows 10 "N" version, I don't know. It's been a good learning experience and again, thanks for the detailed explanation...

3. cheukyung Win User
    MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

I have the following equipment:
    • iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB)
    • notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    • notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV file with size 4.6GB.

1. When I connect the iphone to notebook A by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files can be viewed except the .MOV file (as if it does not exist).
    2. When I connect the iphone to notebook B by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files including the .MOV file can be viewed.
    My question is: Why can't the file be shown in Windows sometimes? Any setting in Windows 10 may have impact on this?
    Thanks!

4. lvr181 Win User

video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

Transfer iPhone media

My friend has an iPhone and wishes to transfer her media files to her Windows 10 laptop.What options does she have to complete this please? Simple step by step instructions would be great,thanks. Suffice to say I am not an Apple user or supporter. She "inherited" the iPhone from a family member.

Thema:

1. video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - video media created

2. video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video "media created" time incorrect when files copied from Iphone to Windows Explorer: I've taken video and still photos on my iPhone. The time and date the video and stills are taken is displaying correctly in the "information" about the files on my phone. I have copied both types from my iPhone to my Windows computer. The "date taken" displays the correct...
  3. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  4. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  5. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  6. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  7. Unable to open or copy photos from iPhone with File Explorer or Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open or copy photos from iPhone with File Explorer or Photos app: Since early August 2021 I'm unable to view photos on the iPhone with Windows photo app or windows file explorer. I can see the thumbnails on the computer but they won't open or let me save them to the PC. Have been copying photos from phone to pc for years without trouble....
  8. iPhone Xr video copy - Error?

iPhone Xr video copy - Error?: I'm just desperate right now. I simply cannot copy a video from my iPhone to my laptop without getting an error message. I restarted my PC and iPhone, nothing helps. [ATTACH] iPhone Xr video kopieren - Fehler?
  9. Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr: I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop. It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors. I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports...
  10. Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr: I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop. It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors. I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports...