Windows 10: Video Folder Thumbnails

Discus and support Video Folder Thumbnails in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennethCooper4, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Video Folder Thumbnails

When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?

:)

KennethCooper4, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

Open the main folder in Windows Explorer, type kind:video in search field. This searches the folder and all its subfolders for any video file, listing them all.

Video Folder Thumbnails [​IMG]

3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Video Folder Thumbnails

Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?

That is really complicated. See this thread posted in another forum:

Video Thumbnails: How to Edit? - VideoHelp Forum

I would suggest organising videos into appropriately named folders and give each video a name that identifies what it is.

Note: I've tried various video managers including Veehive and some of them can let you grab a thumbnail to use - mostly those chosen thumbnails are not displayed in Explorer even with MediaPreview installed. Instead thumbnails are auto generated.

I like this software to browse videos:

Diffractor: Find and organize - photos, videos and audio.

You might want to test it. Navigate to a folder containing video then hover mouse over thumbnails.

A quick demo video. Video can be played within Diffractor and additionally opened in other installed media player. Towards the end of the demo video you see a video opened in PotPlayer with timeline thumbnails. You also get timeline thumbnails in Diffractor.

Callender, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

Video Folder Thumbnails

1. Video Folder Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Video Folder Thumbnails

2. Video Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails: I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony...
  3. Video Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Thumbnails: I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony...
  4. Video thumbnails

Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  5. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  6. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  8. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  9. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video thumbnails: I have many videos downloaded which have the same intro. The problem with video thumbnails in Windows 10 is that the thumbnail is generated from the very beginning of a video, so nearly all videos have the same thumbnail (a frame of the intro). Is there a way to change the...
  10. Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct: Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files are not working. The folder option of show icon never thumbnail is not checked, and in system performance show thumbnail...