Windows 10: Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Discus and support Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I have a very rare BSOD which only occurs every few months.It always is the same error code, DPC_Watchdog_Violation.I tried to find relevant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LukasKopatz, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hey, I have a very rare BSOD which only occurs every few months.It always is the same error code, DPC_Watchdog_Violation.I tried to find relevant information from the minidump file about what driver/program causes this issue, but I was unable to do so unfortunately.I always try to keep my windows and drivers up to date, so I'm not sure what causes this.The big delay between bluescreens makes it almost impossible for me to troubleshoot, since I only find out if the fix was successful or not after a large amount of time.Here are two minidump files that include the error:from today: https://drive

:)

LukasKopatz, Jul 18, 2022

2. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM.

Here there are two dumps obtained from "C:\Windows\minidump":
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDHlbGEy6YYcIQymz_FAZjrVUI?e=noBmkM
    . As the program BlueScreenView says, one points to an error with "hal.dll", and other to "dxgmms2.sys".

Maybe some relevant info could be that some days ago, I updated my BIOS firmware. I just updated Win10 and that error keeps taking place.

Thank you for your time people <3

carlos98mlg, Jul 18, 2022
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jul 18, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Windows 10 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on restart

Hello Tom,

There may be several reasons why you are getting this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue started happening?
    • Does this error come with an error code/number?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done aside from the ones mentioned above?

In the meantime, you can check on this
    thread
    and refer to the post of ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP). It discusses steps on what you can do with these kinds of stop errors.

We're looking forward for our reply.

John Vil, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

1. Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation - Similar Threads - Very rare BSOD

2. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  3. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  4. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hey, I have a very rare BSOD which only occurs every few months.It always is the same error code, DPC_Watchdog_Violation.I tried to find relevant information from the minidump file about what driver/program causes this issue, but I was unable to do so unfortunately.I always...
  6. Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Very rare BSOD, same error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hey, I have a very rare BSOD which only occurs every few months.It always is the same error code, DPC_Watchdog_Violation.I tried to find relevant information from the minidump file about what driver/program causes this issue, but I was unable to do so unfortunately.I always...
  7. BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I have a customer of mine who recently got a Surface Laptop 3 and has been getting BSOD crashes with the stop code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have performed Windows updates, Surface driver/firmware updates, ran SFC scan, ran a chkdsk, but the issue still happens. I...
  8. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM. Here there are two...
  9. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  10. ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been having issues recently with my ASUS laptop getting the BSOD on a regular basis when watching videos (specifically youtube) and recently when not watching anything at all, although this is the first time it has happened while not watching a video, or having a video...