Windows 10: Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

Discus and support Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Charles Chan2, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the boot sequence to get the new computer boot with my old system so I could get my windows upgrade to 11?I was unable to locate the bootx64.efi file on the old system to add to boot sequence, is there anything i missing?Old SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSDWindows 10 Pro Version 22H2OS Build 19045.4291

:)

Charles Chan2, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

1. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade - Similar Threads - Using old SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Move windows from old SSD to new.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move windows from old SSD to new.: I have bought a new SSD and I want my windows located in it. I have 2 SSD's in my pc and I want to swap my small one for the new. The thing is I have windows in the small one and the other SSD cannot fit windows, so I don't know how to move windows to an SSD that is not...
  5. Moving SSD to new computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  6. Old SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old SSD to new computer: I have an old SSD that I would like to install and use on a new computer that already has one SSD and on HD. Windows is installed on the new computer on the SSD. However, windows was also installed on the old SSD I would like to move to the new computer. When I hook up the...
  7. Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?: I have a bit of an oddball question, and am sorry for being a bother. I couldn't think of a proper question in the title that fit. I have two computers at the moment, the newer one with a problem I am attempting to narrow down. But my second computer is incomplete. I want...
  8. Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop

Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop: Hello, This past weekend I upgraded my 2013 Dell desktop from windows 7 to 10, after seeing the windows 7 warning messages. A few years before that I bought a Samsung 250GB SSD and used their software to transfer the image of the Dell HDD to the Samsung SSD. WIndows 10 is...
  9. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows

upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  10. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...