Windows 10: User permission setting problem on Win10

Discus and support User permission setting problem on Win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network. Here are my questions: Is there any possibility to read... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EOF, Mar 31, 2021.

1. EOF
    EOF Win User

User permission setting problem on Win10

Hi!
    I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network.

Here are my questions:
    Is there any possibility to read out, or to show , export for later import any user credentials or access in win10?

Our windows are deployed with MS AutoPilot and I have to install an old version of FireFox, the v3.0 but many times
    there is a problem to run the setup eve if I run it as admin.
    If FireFox installed and I run it, I get some error like "FireFox can not access to some path..." but not mentioned to which path.
    But there is a short description does they is maybe a problem to accessing the profile folder or the user has no access to it.
    This is not true.
    I tested several times to copy, rename, delete files in the FF profile folder, everything was done without error.
    I cant figure out which folders are restricted to access to my user account....

If I install the FF under my admin account everything is ok.

How can I find out lets say what permissions are enabled, disabled or access restrictions path are set for my user account which is a regular user account, not an admin account?

Is it possible to restrict a user not to start an out-dated app or old app in windows 10 ?

Any advice would be nice.

Thank you.

:)

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 31, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. User permission setting problem on Win10 - Similar Threads - User permission setting

2. user permissions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  3. Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems): So, after assembling a complete new pc by myself for the last day (and downloading win10 iso twice because it "was damaged" the first time, waiting time hooray), I now run a pc with win10 for the first time in my life - and I am close to a meltdown rn. At first, you get...
  4. user permission settings and access control setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user permission settings and access control setup: hi ! i am vamsi. my dad is setting up a small company and me and my dad had brought laptops, the issue is he wanted me to set up the laptop such that user cannot modify the OS and the system should ask the admin permission whenever they are trying to install software of any...
  5. User's permission from ACL setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User's permission from ACL setting: Hi, I am studying DACL and I have a question. Could someone help to explain? Thank you. I set DACL of a foler for a user as below, [ATTACH] "g3" is a group of "u3. By this setting, I could use "u3" to access this folder, and in this folder, I could not create any new...
  6. USER PERMISSIONS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER PERMISSIONS?: I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I have sought help from the Apnea Board community and have tried numerous fixes with no success. One of the forum advisors...
  7. Permissions problems accessing windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions problems accessing windows settings: For a couple months already I have been unable to access basic settings trough windows, like troubleshooting an Ethernet or accessing Advanced display settings, every attempt has led me to an error (see attachment bellow) telling me I do not have the right permissions, the...
  8. User Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Permissions: How do I reset all user permissions to default. I may have accidentally deleted a profile that is needed., Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/97475d02-2691-484b-ad2a-99bd5e802315
  9. Setting Users Permissions Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting Users Permissions Windows 10: We currently have windows 10 PC's. One is considered the main PC that has a drive (T:) in it that holds all of the data. I am attempting to configure T: to give a user (referred to as Bob the rest of the way) access to only one folder, and not let them have access to the...
  10. Is there a default for User Permission settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a default for User Permission settings?: As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box. Would there...