Windows 10: User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

Discus and support User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my user need to rdp from a computer to another, both of the computer are in the same AzureAD domain and he can directly connect to both of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Moonen Quentin ZP, Jul 25, 2024.

1. User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

One of my user need to rdp from a computer to another, both of the computer are in the same AzureAD domain and he can directly connect to both of them with his account.But if he use the remote desktop app, an error "login attempt failed" appearIf i use my acount, it's working without problemI added both of our account in the "remote desktop users" group, both of us are in the same Azure groups and the policies applied are the same for both of us.I don't know what else to check, so if anybody ahve a clue on what could be the problem, that would be very helpfulThank you

:)

Moonen Quentin ZP, Jul 25, 2024

2. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD?

With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete".

Deleting the user folder & profile registry key is not a viable solution as this causes the user to have errors signing in should they return to the computer.

What is the correct process for removing user profile data from a Windows computer using CMD or PowerShell without reimaging, disconnecting the device from AzureAD or, preventing future login using the AzureAD account that was removed from the Windows computer?

RobertRoss4, Jul 25, 2024
  3. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

That's great if you are aware of the local AzureAD users on the PC. Is there a way to list any AzureAD profiles that are present?

RobertRoss4, Jul 25, 2024
  4. User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

Windows 10 AzureAD joined device different login questions

Hi there -

I have remote offices all over the world where we're trying to slim down on the footprint but not having local domain controllers or any physical servers. I have AzureAD setup and I can join machines to it remotely over the internet. It seems that when this
    is joined to AAD the user that registered it is the only one that is allowed to login to it. I had another forum question for this where they suggested we use AzureAD\UPN to login as a different user but that didn't seem to work.

Is this possible? Could I have remote machines that are not joined to an On-Prem DC, that can authenticate different users logging in locally (eg not RDP they're just sitting at a destkop)?

Thanks,

Ward

WardAnderson1, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

1. User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine - Similar Threads - User can't rdp

2. User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine: One of my user need to rdp from a computer to another, both of the computer are in the same AzureAD domain and he can directly connect to both of them with his account.But if he use the remote desktop app, an error "login attempt failed" appearIf i use my acount, it's working...
  3. User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine

in Windows 10 Customization
    User can't rdp to a computer with his AzureAD account, but i can with mine: One of my user need to rdp from a computer to another, both of the computer are in the same AzureAD domain and he can directly connect to both of them with his account.But if he use the remote desktop app, an error "login attempt failed" appearIf i use my acount, it's working...
  4. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  5. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  6. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  7. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  8. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  9. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016. Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...
  10. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...