Windows 10: User authentication

Discus and support User authentication in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After restarting the laptop, It shows a new user and asking for password like user authentication...after trying 3 times it shows press power switch to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Srabani Sahoo, Oct 18, 2024 at 2:22 PM.

1. User authentication

After restarting the laptop, It shows a new user and asking for password like user authentication...after trying 3 times it shows press power switch to again enter password. So why to do now? Suggest me something.... I need some information urgently from laptop.

:)

Srabani Sahoo, Oct 18, 2024 at 2:22 PM
  2. Try3 Win User

Can I safely remove Administrators, Authenticated Users, System, Users

Make a system image then try it and see how it behaves. Given that you are so safety conscious that you blocked out part of your computer name in your diagram, why are you even considering this extraordinary step? In other words, what benefit do you hope to gain? If this is something about setting up a home network then I'd suggest, at most, sharing your C:\Users\YourUserName folder instead of the whole drive. All the best, Denis

3. Zaki_j Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

4. Kreij Win User

User authentication

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Thema:

User authentication

1. User authentication - Similar Threads - User authentication

2. User authentication

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User authentication: After restarting the laptop, It shows a new user and asking for password like user authentication...after trying 3 times it shows press power switch to again enter password. So why to do now? Suggest me something.... I need some information urgently from laptop....
  3. User authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User authentication: After restarting the laptop, It shows a new user and asking for password like user authentication...after trying 3 times it shows press power switch to again enter password. So why to do now? Suggest me something.... I need some information urgently from laptop....
  4. Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...: We've been having a strange problem related to 802.1x authentication using internal CA certificates against a wireless network that uses 802.1x authentication. Most of the computers don't have issues but this problem crops up on newly setup machines which have acquired...
  5. Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...

Explicit EAP error 0x9009030C. Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch on...: We've been having a strange problem related to 802.1x authentication using internal CA certificates against a wireless network that uses 802.1x authentication. Most of the computers don't have issues but this problem crops up on newly setup machines which have acquired...
  6. I tried icacls to grant permissions to Authenticated Users only, but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried icacls to grant permissions to Authenticated Users only, but doesn't work: I used icalcs on PowerShell to give folder permissions of the folder in my user to Authenticated users, but i get the message "Authenticated users: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.The way i typed was:icacls 'C:\Users\username\Área de...
  7. I tried icacls to grant permissions to Authenticated Users only, but doesn't work

I tried icacls to grant permissions to Authenticated Users only, but doesn't work: I used icalcs on PowerShell to give folder permissions of the folder in my user to Authenticated users, but i get the message "Authenticated users: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.The way i typed was:icacls 'C:\Users\username\Área de...
  8. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS: I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device with a password/with validation. I'm trying to run a CMD script icacls "folder URL" /grant "Authenticated Users":OICIM to...
  9. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS: I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device with a password/with validation. I'm trying to run a CMD script icacls "folder URL" /grant "Authenticated Users":OICIM to...
  10. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security