Windows 10: Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...

Discus and support Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Hisense 55U8G I use as a computer monitor.I am using the HDMI 2.1 input.I am using a HDMI 2.1 cable.My video card is a 7900XFX.HDMI on the TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kyle johnson5, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:27 PM.

1. Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...

I have a Hisense 55U8G I use as a computer monitor.I am using the HDMI 2.1 input.I am using a HDMI 2.1 cable.My video card is a 7900XFX.HDMI on the TV is set to Enhanced format.-Windows will let me set the refresh to 120Hz.I can play games in 4k.However I can not stream videos in 4k because of windows not having HDR cetification.I have included the Dxdiag to help get to the bottom of this.System Information------------------ Time of this report: 9/29/2024, 22:26:42 Machine name: DESKTOP-RLOIBH0 Machine Id: {C8779025-BF90-4A0A-9CB9-BB9D9F72B7B1} Operating

:)

kyle johnson5, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:27 PM
  2. DVBurnsII Win User

Windows HDR and HDR certifications

In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me to just ignore it.
    I have since then contacted the HDR alliance to find out more about this HDR certification, what it's implications are, why it matters, and what it could possibly mean for me if it is missing from my device but they have neglected to respond to my inquiry.
    I have also noticed that when I originally purchased the computer and linked the secondary monitor (TV) to my device that it listed two separate displays available in the display settings menu. I have since had a number of issues related with windows and am yet to hear any resolution on any of the feedbacks I have submitted through the feedback portal and thus have been forced to do a fresh installation of windows with the help of microsoft support and their directions. In doing so I now find that if I look into my display settings it no longer lists two separate monitors as 1 and 2 but now displays monitor 1|2.
    So my question is how do I force my computer to recognize the two separate displays as two separate displays and not as a split screen display?
    And if you have any information for me on the HDR certification that would also be appreciated.

3. HDR support for windows 11

Hi Nadeem. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

I would contact LG Support which is included with the monitor purchase for at least the first year, during which they must get it working properly or repair or replace it under warranty.

Try these troubleshooting steps for HDR monitor display in Windows 11:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hdr...

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/enable-hdr-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-common-p...

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-use-hdr-c...

https://www.howtogeek.com/838437/windows-11-has...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/co...

https://winaero.com/how-to-enable-hdr-in-window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Sep 29, 2024 at 11:30 PM
  4. Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...

Can a missing HDR certification in Win 11 cause a game to not allow the enabling of HDR and Ray Tracing?

If the laptop supports HDR display, but the Windows system is showing HDR certification not found, visit the list of VESA-certified DisplayHDR products to confirm the HDR certification as the Windows system might be missing a particular configuration file and not detect the certification correctly

Go to Select Settings > System > Display . Select an HDR-capable display at the top of the screen. Select Use HDR. Select Battery options, then select the Allow HDR games, videos, and apps on battery check box or the Allow streaming HDR video on battery check box

Thema:

Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...

1. Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I... - Similar Threads - Useing Hisense 55U8G

2. Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useing Hisense 55U8G as monitor but Windows 11 says HDR Certification is not found and I...: I have a Hisense 55U8G I use as a computer monitor.I am using the HDMI 2.1 input.I am using a HDMI 2.1 cable.My video card is a 7900XFX.HDMI on the TV is set to Enhanced format.-Windows will let me set the refresh to 120Hz.I can play games in 4k.However I can not stream...
  3. Can I use a All in One PC's HDR capabilities if I use it as a monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a All in One PC's HDR capabilities if I use it as a monitor?: For my first pc i used to use laptop, I got an AIO all in one. I now have bought a better pc, that is not an AIO. My other external monitor doesn't have HDR, and this one does. However, I cannot seem to access it using an external pc. Is it possible to use the HDR...
  4. Can a missing HDR certification in Win 11 cause a game to not allow the enabling of HDR and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a missing HDR certification in Win 11 cause a game to not allow the enabling of HDR and...: Hi, I’m running into a situation where Win 11 does not recognize my monitor’s HDR certificate and I’m wondering if this could be related to a problem with a game I’ve been trying to troubleshoot an issue in. First, I have logged a bug with the Dev team and posted on the...
  5. Can a missing HDR certification in Win 11 cause a game to not allow the enabling of HDR and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a missing HDR certification in Win 11 cause a game to not allow the enabling of HDR and...: Hi, I’m running into a situation where Win 11 does not recognize my monitor’s HDR certificate and I’m wondering if this could be related to a problem with a game I’ve been trying to troubleshoot an issue in. First, I have logged a bug with the Dev team and posted on the...
  6. HDR Certification not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Certification not found: Subject: Inquiry Regarding HDR Certification Issue on ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLEDDear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I've encountered on my ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLED laptop, Model: M3400QA KW512WS, which...
  7. HDR Certification not found

HDR Certification not found: Subject: Inquiry Regarding HDR Certification Issue on ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLEDDear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I've encountered on my ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLED laptop, Model: M3400QA KW512WS, which...
  8. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  9. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  10. HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor: I have an Aorus AD27QD HDR monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P Non-HDR as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely washed out. Coming...