Windows 10: Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Discus and support Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As mentioned in this thread, I have the same problem. How do I force my VGA on my host computer running Windows 11 Pro! I don't want to waste my VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Huong⁸ Nguyen Viet, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

As mentioned in this thread, I have the same problem. How do I force my VGA on my host computer running Windows 11 Pro! I don't want to waste my VGA when working with my host PC on RDP remote desktop. The old thread below is not useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-host-gpu-in-remote-desktop-session/34e1fd21-bf52-4f73-9907-3ce7359546d8Thank you very much!

:)

Huong⁸ Nguyen Viet, Jul 11, 2023

2. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Hello all,

I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card (3060Ti) during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.

I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.

The instructions for all that I found all looked something like this.

- Enter gpedit.msc then Press Enter key

- Navigate to
    Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Remote Session Environment

- Enable “Use the hardware default graphics adapter for all Remote Desktop Services sessions

- Reconnect the RDP or restart the device, now the GPU should be activated for RDP sessions and DirectX/OpenGL should be supported

I did the above changes on my host computer (windows 10) and all I got was big nope from my direct X test and also the 3060Ti did not show in me Device Manager

On the off chance that I was supposed to make the change to the client machine...I tired that too and nothing.

Does the host machine have to be running Windows Server for this to work?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

DaveBelmore, Jul 11, 2023
  3. 徐来清 Win User
    Is that possible to use host keyboard for input on a remote desktop session on android?

hi everyone!

I have a computer running Windows 10 Professional with a USB keyboard, and I'm using an Android tablet with Microsoft Remote Desktop app to remote it.

What I want to achive is using the host keyboard for input in the remote session, cause the table is too old to support USB Keyboard or Bluetooth Keyboard.

Besides the USB keyboard, I have a bluetooth keyboard conneted to the host computer, but both keyboards can't used for input on remote session. Is there anyway to achive That?

Thank you all.

徐来清, Jul 11, 2023
  4. tstaros Win User

Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Remote Desktop on Win 11 22H2, Host does not terminate properly when Client session ends.

Remote Desktop fails to work correctly

Here is the use case:

• Host is Win 11 22H2
    • Client is up-to date Win 10
    • Devices are connected over a local network
    When Client session is finished, the Client terminates. Local Operation of the Host device cannot be re-established. Host is unresponsive to local keyboard. Local operation of the host can only be recovered by a HARD RESET.

Curiously, if I do not do the HARD RESET, the Host will still let my Client start another RDT session, as the first session is still apparently still running.

I've used RDT frequently for many years, it has always been a reliable tool. I think this started w/ 22H2.

Windows Support tells me this is outside the scope of Windows support.

tstaros, Jul 11, 2023
Thema:

Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

1. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session - Similar Threads - host GPU Remote

2. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: As mentioned in this thread, I have the same problem. How do I force my VGA on my host computer running Windows 11 Pro! I don't want to waste my VGA when working with my host PC on RDP remote desktop. The old thread below is not useful....
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to run a program on a remote host using the client’s GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on a remote host using the client’s GPU?: I have graphically-intensive programs on a Windows 10 host on the local network. I would like to use these programs remotely from another machine on the network, which is easy enough with VNC or RDP. But I also would like to run them on the client’s GPU because it is much...
  7. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  8. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  9. How to use multitouch in remote desktop session?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use multitouch in remote desktop session?: Hi folks, When I use RDP from my laptop, three-finger touches attempt to change the display topology via the Project settings instead of sending a middle-click. It drives me nuts, since middle-click is something I need to constantly use while changing projector /...
  10. Using GPU during Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using GPU during Remote Desktop: Hear me out. Is anyone here using remote desktop onto a pc with the ability to use the installed graphics card instead of the standard "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter"? Awhile ago, I was able to remote desktop into my PC and was able to use the installed graphics...