Windows 10: USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

Discus and support USB You need to format the disk before you can use it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiPlease can anyone help me with my USB?it has really lot of data on itwhen i plugged it into my laptopit showed that errorNOTE: The USB Had a Bitlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eyad Foasher, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:32 AM.

1. USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

HiPlease can anyone help me with my USB?it has really lot of data on itwhen i plugged it into my laptopit showed that errorNOTE: The USB Had a Bitlock Encryption Passwordi have downloaded SEVERAL apps and none of them fixedOne of them was EaseUS Data Recovery wizardit was the only app that read that the USB was locked with a passwordit wanted the Password to continuei wrote it correctlybut this happens:I dont know why it says invaild even im sure of it 100%anyhelp please?i really cant lose that data :

:)

Eyad Foasher, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:32 AM
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

4. USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

How to add disk to USB

Hi , Rhean.

Step 1. Run Windows CMD as administrator.

Step 2. With the prompt running, enter the command "diskpart"

Step 3. Put Command "list disk" check tab which is USB Flash Driver.

Step 4. It is based on the amount of space in your USB. and put the command "select disk 3".

Step 5. The next command is "clean", which will permanently delete all data from the selected disk/partition, including partition mapping.

Step 6. After cleaning the disk, let's create a partition with the command: "create partition primary"

Step 7. Now let's format the disk with the command: NTFS the entry would be "format fs=ntfs"

Step 8. After formatting and use command: active and assign.

Independent Advisor - Community

Thanks

Ivan Bitencourt., Oct 5, 2024 at 7:34 AM
Thema:

USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

1. USB You need to format the disk before you can use it - Similar Threads - USB need format

2. USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB You need to format the disk before you can use it: HiPlease can anyone help me with my USB?it has really lot of data on itwhen i plugged it into my laptopit showed that errorNOTE: The USB Had a Bitlock Encryption Passwordi have downloaded SEVERAL apps and none of them fixedOne of them was EaseUS Data Recovery wizardit was the...
  3. USB You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB You need to format the disk before you can use it: HiPlease can anyone help me with my USB?it has really lot of data on itwhen i plugged it into my laptopit showed that errorNOTE: The USB Had a Bitlock Encryption Passwordi have downloaded SEVERAL apps and none of them fixedOne of them was EaseUS Data Recovery wizardit was the...
  4. How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...: How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can use it use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-you-need-to-format-disk-in-drive-d/1eec4550-8f1c-42c2-a3da-9552663e43be
  5. How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can ? You need to format disk...: How to solve ? You need to format disk in drive d: before you can use it use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-you-need-to-format-disk-in-drive-d/1eec4550-8f1c-42c2-a3da-9552663e43be
  6. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  7. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  8. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

format External USB hard disk before you can use it.: I have an Icybox USB3 external hard drive box, which worked fine until recently. The box has no drivers to install, it uses the ones supplied by Microsoft with Windows. It worked fine with Windows 8, it worked fine with windows 10 when I did the upgrade. I was able to...
  10. You need to format the disk before you can use it

You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....