Windows 10: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

Discus and support USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my CPU from a 2700 to a 5800x on my MSI b450 motherboard. in order to do that i had to update the bios. the current bios i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GGscrubnz, Oct 15, 2024.

1. GGscrubnz Win User

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

I have recently upgraded my CPU from a 2700 to a 5800x on my MSI b450 motherboard. in order to do that i had to update the bios. the current bios i have is version 7C02v1J5Beta version. after updating the bios only 2 of the 5 USB ports on my motherboard recognize my peripherals. the others including the bios flash port do not recognize anything but do have power to the ports. i have read many threads on this issue but of course none have the same exact problem as me and most will tell me to go to my manufactures website, this hasn't helped me so far and MSI does not have a driver that i ca

:)

GGscrubnz, Oct 15, 2024
  2. spluff Win User

Usb xHCI Compliant host controller Driver Error

this fixed the Usb xHCI Compliant host controller Driver Error and now I have a Via USB 3 Root hub error... Any ideas?

spluff, Oct 15, 2024
  3. Wuxii Win User
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller - This device cannot start. Code 10

Hello, i'm new here and also kinda newbie when it comes to computers and fixing the issues associated with them, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for me to be, but I'm here in hopes of finding the solution for my problem. So what happened? When i go to Device manager, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers there's "USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller" with an exclamation mark on it:

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10 485972481t-usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-2016_10_01_19_48_092.png

When I click "Properties" i get this:

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10 485972481t-usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-2016_10_01_19_47_161.png

So basically I have this problem since Thursday and can't seem be able to fix it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but because of this my mouse and other devices doesn't work, right ? Because that's the main reason how I noticed that there's something wrong with USB controller. My OS: Windows 10, if you need more information about my laptop or something else, please tell me. I also noticed that there're alot of people complaining about similar issues lately, or I'm wrong? Something wrong with Windows 10 ?

Wuxii, Oct 15, 2024
  4. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

usb xhci compliant host controller (code 10)

Darn! I was hoping you had a class filter (they can cause a code 10 error). But appears you don't (and code 10 can be caused by other things too, of course)

As for you m/b, i think you inverted a couple characters. You a GA-Z77-D3H? (not a DH3). Best suggestion is checking the rev level of your board, reinstalling the Intel chipset from Gigabyte and/or trying the Intel Driver Update tool. Though many USB 3.0 controllers simply use the USB 3.0 Microsoft driver that comes with Windows 10.

Wish i had better news. Let us know if you get it sorted out. Sometimes, at least the lesson learned is to reinstall and periodically create disk image backups to fall back on when needed. G;luck

ComputerGeek, Oct 15, 2024
Thema:

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

1. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10 - Similar Threads - USB xHCI Compliant

2. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10: I have recently upgraded my CPU from a 2700 to a 5800x on my MSI b450 motherboard. in order to do that i had to update the bios. the current bios i have is version 7C02v1J5Beta version. after updating the bios only 2 of the 5 USB ports on my motherboard recognize my...
  3. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10: I have recently upgraded my CPU from a 2700 to a 5800x on my MSI b450 motherboard. in order to do that i had to update the bios. the current bios i have is version 7C02v1J5Beta version. after updating the bios only 2 of the 5 USB ports on my motherboard recognize my...
  4. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10: Hi guys , i have an HP Elitebook 850 G4 that lost all usb ports after a reboot. Everything was good before the reboot. if i put a bootable win10 usb key, it starts the setup , then to install it complain about a missing driver. These are the solutions I have tried: 1....
  5. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10: Hi guys , i have an HP Elitebook 850 G4 that lost all usb ports after a reboot. Everything was good before the reboot. if i put a bootable win10 usb key, it starts the setup , then to install it complain about a missing driver. These are the solutions I have tried: 1....
  6. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Code 10 Device cannot start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Code 10 Device cannot start: I've been trying to fix this problem for months now, since its only letting the USB 3 ports on my PC work. I've tried countless ways to fix it and had no luck.All USB ports on the Motherboard only provide power except one USB-C and one USB 3 port What my keyboard and mouse...
  8. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Code 10 Device cannot start

USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Code 10 Device cannot start: I've been trying to fix this problem for months now, since its only letting the USB 3 ports on my PC work. I've tried countless ways to fix it and had no luck.All USB ports on the Motherboard only provide power except one USB-C and one USB 3 port What my keyboard and mouse...
  9. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller This device cannot start. Code 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller This device cannot start. Code 10: This is an ongoing problem for a few days now. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 onto my daughters laptop, not saving any data and going with a clean install. The install of windows is Windows 10 21H1 OS Build 19043.1083Device Status :This device cannot start. Code 10...
  10. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Error Code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Error Code 10: Last night I install an update from windows 10 update manager which is recommended by windows 10. After the installation my USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller is not working, showing USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Error Code 10.I have 3 USB ports, none of them are...