Windows 10: USB not showing in boot selection

Discus and support USB not showing in boot selection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just made a macOS Catalina boot drive on a SD card using a SD to usb and a VMWare macOS High Sierra. When I open my boot selection on my pc (windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joester202, Mar 16, 2020.

1. USB not showing in boot selection

I just made a macOS Catalina boot drive on a SD card using a SD to usb and a VMWare macOS High Sierra. When I open my boot selection on my pc (windows 10) it doesnt show up. Any help?

submitted by /u/Joester202
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joester202, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB not showing in boot selection nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 16, 2020
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Mar 16, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

USB not showing in boot selection

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

USB not showing in boot selection

1. USB not showing in boot selection - Similar Threads - USB showing boot

2. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB boot option does not show: I have an HP All-in-One 3420 I'm trying to use an USB to install Windows and I went to the boot device and it does not give me the option to boot from a USB how do I fix that, do I have to boot from USB or can I turn on computer then install the USB?...
  3. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB boot option does not show: I have an HP All-in-One 3420 I'm trying to use an USB to install Windows and I went to the boot device and it does not give me the option to boot from a USB how do I fix that, do I have to boot from USB or can I turn on computer then install the USB?...
  4. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  6. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  7. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB not showing in boot menu. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB not showing in boot menu. Help!: I want to install Windows 10 on a Samsung NP270E5G laptop (pretty old) with a brand new Kingston SSD inside (bye bye slow HDDs). I tried everything: formatting my USB in FAT32, NTFS, using a USB to micro SD adapter and doing the same, changing every possible setting i...
  9. USB Boot installation media - can't select USB in BIOS Select media files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Boot installation media - can't select USB in BIOS Select media files: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 with Windows 10 Home. It came with a 1TB hard drive and I recently bought a WD blue 3d nand sata SSD m.2 500gb on which I would like to install a new Windows 10 boot. I have been following the instructions of...
  10. USB or DVD Boot Drive Determination/Selection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    USB or DVD Boot Drive Determination/Selection: I have downloaded and successfully installed Windows 10 version 1703 including the recent update. Now, I need to download and create Installation Media and note I need to determine whether this PC is setup to boot from USB drive or DVD drive. Either advancing age or brain...