Windows 10: USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

Discus and support USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have something like the following:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134968384363An NVMe drive plugged into a USB enclosure. When this is plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HB 25, May 29, 2024.

1. HB 25 Win User

USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

Hello. I have something like the following:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134968384363An NVMe drive plugged into a USB enclosure. When this is plugged into a standard USB port it's fine, no issues. Whenever it's plugged into a USB-C port, no matter what, windows keeps powering down the device after a few minutes, presumably on power saving. I have limited USB ports so I need to be able to use the USB-C portI have some screenshots to show what I've done, but the answers forum website isn't letting me upload images.I've disabled power management in device manager for as many USB ports as I can find,

:)

HB 25, May 29, 2024
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Power Surge on the USB port?

Hi Bob,

When a user tried uninstalling the USB drivers, it usually installs itself again when the computer restarts. It is a fact that most of the Mouse and Keyboard nowadays are connected using USB connection instead of their traditional PS/2 port. We suggest that
    you visit the link provided and follow the steps provided:
    USB has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of it's hub Port , you should disconnect the device

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, May 29, 2024
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    3.0 usb keeps disconnecting on 3.0 port

Hi,

Since you have made all the steps necessary, however the issue still persists, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance. Click here.

Regards.

Maria Fab, May 29, 2024
  4. USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 29, 2024
Thema:

USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

1. USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down - Similar Threads - USB hdd keeps

2. USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down: Hello. I have something like the following:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134968384363An NVMe drive plugged into a USB enclosure. When this is plugged into a standard USB port it's fine, no issues. Whenever it's plugged into a USB-C port, no matter what, windows keeps powering...
  3. USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hdd keeps getting disconnected from USB-C port powered down: Hello. I have something like the following:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134968384363An NVMe drive plugged into a USB enclosure. When this is plugged into a standard USB port it's fine, no issues. Whenever it's plugged into a USB-C port, no matter what, windows keeps powering...
  4. usb 3.0 ports not getting power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb 3.0 ports not getting power: Product: HP Z820 Base Model Workstation Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitAll USB 3.0 ports are not working both rear and front since replacing my motherboard. I doubt it is hardware related because it is affecting all USB 3.0 ports only. I have tried reinstalling...
  5. usb 3.0 ports not getting power

usb 3.0 ports not getting power: Product: HP Z820 Base Model Workstation Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitAll USB 3.0 ports are not working both rear and front since replacing my motherboard. I doubt it is hardware related because it is affecting all USB 3.0 ports only. I have tried reinstalling...
  6. usb 3.0 ports not getting power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  8. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  9. USB ports disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  10. USB Ports keep shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports keep shutting down: Hello, I've been having this issue recently where I will be playing a vr game and out of the blue my pc will just disconnect all of my usb ports, making me have to stop playing vr and wait 15 seconds to 2 minutes for my keyboard and mouse to register again. I have done...