Windows 10: USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

Discus and support USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carlos_R_P, Sep 21, 2023.

1. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the issue. This seems to happen randomly but most of the time it happens when I close a game after playing or even closing Autodesk Maya. Sometimes it can happen as well if I open a video with VLC.What happens basically is the pc freezes for a second or two, then I hear the usb disconnect/connect sound and next thing happening is both monitors begins flashing on and off for a few times and after that we are back to normal, like nothing happened.This pc

:)

Carlos_R_P, Sep 21, 2023

2. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem occurs, a device called Generic non PnP monitor pops up on the monitors lists. This problem does not occur in safe mode. I have already fully reset my pc but the problem still persists. Is this a sign of a GPU failure?

deymdaniel, Sep 21, 2023
  3. Sound freezing for tenth of a second and usb audio interface disconnection

Hi Jarz,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Sound freezing for tenth of a second and USB audio interface disconnects in Windows10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy
    to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter- is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to
    fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Please check the detailed troubleshooting report and share that information with us. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that resolves the issue. If that doesn’t help, then try the next
    method.

Method 2: Update Audio drivers and USB drivers and check that was causing the issue using the below steps.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates
    for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W”
    keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on
    “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c) From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.

Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the
    Device Manager.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X”.

b) Click on “Device Manager”.

c) Search for the Sound Card and the USB device
    from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.

If no drivers are available, then check in the Computer and sound card manufacturer’s website for the Windows 10 audio drivers for your sound card. If they are available, then download and install them on the computer.

Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card and USB device manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

For reference, you may check this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 21, 2023
  4. perkinw Win User

USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

USB disconnect sound

Keyboard, mouse, USB HDD. Since the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be affected, I suspect the HDD. I will disconnect it and see if that solves the problem.

There is no reconnect sound, just disconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you suggested. It is definitely the USB HDD. When I rebooted this morning, Macrium Reflect started a backup to the HDD, and I heard USB disconnect sounds almost continuously -- about once a second. The Macrium backup failed with "Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - The device is not ready."

I connected the drive to a different USB port on the same computer, but the disconnect sounds continued.

I moved the drive over to a laptop. There were no USB disconnect sounds. I was able to run a full Macrium Reflect backup on the laptop with no problems. Right now, I am running a SMART test on the backup, but it's taking forever.

Could it be a problem with USB? Or an out-of-date driver? I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea how to check for a driver update. This is an 8TB Western Digital Elements desktop drive.

perkinw, Sep 21, 2023
Thema:

USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

1. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times - Similar Threads - USB disconnect sounds

2. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  3. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  4. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times: Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the issue. This seems to happen randomly but most of the time it happens when I close a game after playing or even closing Autodesk...
  5. USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB disconnect sounds, pc freezes for a second and both monitor turns on and off a few times: Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now and it's starting to drive me mad because I can't pinpoint what's the root of the issue. This seems to happen randomly but most of the time it happens when I close a game after playing or even closing Autodesk...
  6. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  7. PC freezing and monitor turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezing and monitor turning off: Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and a text editor), it hasn't happened while gaming. The only way to recover it is to press the reset button, and it reboots and...
  8. PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.: I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices in device manager...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...