Windows 10: USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

Discus and support USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonnaPanasiewicz, Feb 28, 2024.

1. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on startup or manually. How can I tell Windows or Windows defender to allow .exe files on external drives to run? I must be missing some setting in Defender - either some permission or something. I have tried multiple computers and multiple USB's but .exe files do no run. Maybe it has something to do with Defender and the new Ap

:)

DonnaPanasiewicz, Feb 28, 2024

2. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 28, 2024
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 28, 2024
  4. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

1. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run. - Similar Threads - USB containing exe

2. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  3. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  4. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  5. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  6. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My exe file won't open correctly

My exe file won't open correctly: Hi, I've been using an exe file for a very long time, and it would open perfectly, but now everytime I run it it just shows the bar to close it and minimize it I'm sorry but I don't know the name of this bar. The exe in question cannot be maximized as it was never an option....
  8. Can't send medical records

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't send medical records: Why can't I copy and paste ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-medical-records/7d384fc1-2dcf-49fb-81c9-7c01c405f2d6
  9. .exe Files Won't Open

.exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...
  10. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...