Windows 10: USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes

Discus and support USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a week ago i tried formatting a usb which i got the unable to format this device and the message wouldnt go away so i yanked the usb out and closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smirk24, Aug 31, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes

So a week ago i tried formatting a usb which i got the unable to format this device and the message wouldnt go away so i yanked the usb out and closed off the messages (unable to format device) and now im getting the following below with a device you plugged in is malfunctioning.

Is there away to make this device disappear? because i already threw the usb away that caused the problem so putting it back in isnt an option nor is uninstalling because ive tried that.

USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes [​IMG]

:)

smirk24, Aug 31, 2020

2. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update causes some USB ports to fail

Hi,

Apologize for delay in response.

Let us try the below methods and check.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on
      Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
      Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 31, 2020
  4. USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes

1. USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes - Similar Threads - USB caused pop

2. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  3. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  4. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes: I'm having massive troubles with my computer, I am unable to update anything even using the iso file and the cmd keeps popping up. This started around the time I updated system once a couple weeks back and downloaded a game but later removed it.I ran the Disk and sfc command...
  6. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes: I'm having massive troubles with my computer, I am unable to update anything even using the iso file and the cmd keeps popping up. This started around the time I updated system once a couple weeks back and downloaded a game but later removed it.I ran the Disk and sfc command...
  7. Display window pops up every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display window pops up every 20 minutes: After having installed the latest Windows 10 update, the Settings Display window pops up every 20 minutes. How do I keep this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-window-pops-up-every-20-minutes/01b375ab-2e10-451b-9e77-4bb1001193c1
  8. Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.: At random time intervals, usually between a few minutes to an hour, I get a notification saying: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  9. Black screen pops up every 9 minutes then disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen pops up every 9 minutes then disappears: a black screen pops up every 9 minutes and is only there for a second don't know what to do its very annoying thx dan. * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-pops-up-every-9-minutes-then/66d6e68d-94a2-48d6-978f-26a33a2c07ce
  10. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...