Windows 10: USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

Discus and support USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patricia Campbell2, Jun 24, 2023.

1. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was never an issue until I updated to Windows 11. And now its not working. I have done all the fixes I have found on Google. revert back to the old quality version, check the health of all items, update drives, and tried to revert back to an even older quality version - won't let me. Even uninstalled updates. I need this to w

:)

Patricia Campbell2, Jun 24, 2023

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Jun 24, 2023
  3. Grosseda Win User
    USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

Hi Lee, many thanks for your prompt response. You're obviously very technical, whereas I am not, sadly.

I am only trying to display on one external device. I have no need for multiple external displays, so I don't really want to go to the expense of a multi-output hub.

I also don't understand why, if my USB-C to VGA adapter doesn't work, you are suggesting a USB-C dock would?

Are you also suggesting that a HDMI to VGA adapter wouldn't work either?

Sorry to be a pain, but these issues fry my brain! USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working :)

Thanks.

Grosseda, Jun 24, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Jun 24, 2023
Thema:

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

1. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working - Similar Threads - USB HDMI VGA

2. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  5. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  6. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  7. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  8. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  9. Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter

Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter: I needed a second monitor to work from home. Grabbed a monitor from work to use with my HP laptop. I bought a Microsoft USB-C to VGA adapter. I have connected it but it isn't showing under Devices in Settings. I have done all the troubleshooting from Microsoft and read on...
  10. VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working: I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when i got a replacement...