Windows 10: USB C to HDMI not working

Discus and support USB C to HDMI not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Justin-121674, Apr 29, 2024.

1. USB C to HDMI not working

I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi cables, but neither work with HDMI.

:)

Justin-121674, Apr 29, 2024

2. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

It should if you have USB-C, but even then these adapters are not that reliable - nowhere near as good as using an HDMI or Display Port cable.

Did you try the troubleshooting steps I gave you? This will let you know if it can be made to work and remain stable.

This is an interactive process. I give steps to perform, you do each one and then report back results until something works, so I know what to suggest next. If you need help performing any step, just ask back. But please do not skip any steps. We often find out the skipped step is the fix.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Apr 30, 2024
  3. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

Hi Lucy. I'm Greg here to help.

I see a lot of reported issues with USB-C to HDMI adapters, in fact any adapters for monitors in Windows are very likely not to work for many reasons because the native method is always much, much better.

But you can troubleshoot USB-C to HDMI monitor connections not working to see if one of these fixes work - I've collected them all:

Why USB C Cable Doesn’t Work With Your Monitor & How to Fix It

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanage...

https://usbcafe.com/usb-c-to-hdmi-not-working-s...

https://uniaccessories.com/blogs/blog/solved-us...

Feel free to ask back any questions. If you'll post back detailed results then I may know what to suggest next, if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Apr 30, 2024
  4. USB C to HDMI not working

USB C to HDMI not working

I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi cables, but neither work with HDMI.

Justin-121674, Apr 30, 2024
Thema:

USB C to HDMI not working

1. USB C to HDMI not working - Similar Threads - USB HDMI working

2. USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI not working: I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi...
  3. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  4. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  5. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  6. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  7. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  8. Hdmi over usb-c stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hdmi over usb-c stopped working: Hi all, I have a bit of a confusing problem. I have a lenovo yoga 730 15" ( I regret this decision every day). This morning it died on me without warning, this happens fairly regularly because it doesn't seem to warn about low battery after it's been asleep which is insanely...
  9. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...
  10. USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C --> HDMI stopped working: Hi there! I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 which has been happily using my USB-C --> HDMI adapter just fine for over a year. However, some updates (unclear which) were recently applied, and the video-out functionality has stopped working. Now when I plug in my adapter, I'm...