Windows 10: USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

Discus and support USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thomas Barber1, Jul 25, 2023.

1. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The laptop is not able to detect the monitor. This cable and monitor combination works perfect on my old windows 10 laptop.What are the steps I need to take to confirm that 1 my usbc port is capable of use with a display and 2 have my laptop detect a monitor using the usbc port in combination with a usbc to HDMI cable.

:)

Thomas Barber1, Jul 25, 2023
  2. ScottMala Win User

Cannot Detect 2nd monitor when using USB-C

Hello,

I have recently been using my laptop and extending my display to 1 x additional monitor thorugh HDMI, giving me 2 x displays.

I now have gotten a 2ndmonitor and and wish to connect the 2nd monitor so I have 3 x display screen.

I have done this through USB-C to HDMI Hub.

This has not detected the 3rd screen when I plug it in?

I have tried both monitors individally by plugging them directly into the HDMI in my laptop and they work fine individually.

They do NOT work when I plus into the USB-C port.

ANy help if appreciated,

Thank you.

ScottMala, Jul 25, 2023
  3. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

Hi Lucy. I'm Greg here to help.

I see a lot of reported issues with USB-C to HDMI adapters, in fact any adapters for monitors in Windows are very likely not to work for many reasons because the native method is always much, much better.

But you can troubleshoot USB-C to HDMI monitor connections not working to see if one of these fixes work - I've collected them all:

Why USB C Cable Doesn’t Work With Your Monitor & How to Fix It

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanage...

https://usbcafe.com/usb-c-to-hdmi-not-working-s...

https://uniaccessories.com/blogs/blog/solved-us...

Feel free to ask back any questions. If you'll post back detailed results then I may know what to suggest next, if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Jul 25, 2023
  4. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect

I just bought MOKiN USB-C HUB and using Dell XPS 15 which I want to connect two external monitors with HDMI and one monitor with VGA connection but VGA monitor cannot detect.

Kindly some one help me on this issue.

Greg.Hiroaki.Kobayashi, Jul 25, 2023
Thema:

USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

1. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected - Similar Threads - USB HDMI monitor

2. hdmi and usb-c problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi and usb-c problem: okay so ive had my laptop for quite a while and it has had this issue quite a few times were i one minute can use my usb-c port as a display port then i update my laptop and it loses that capability is it somthing with microsoft or is it just my laptop bugging out...
  3. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  4. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  5. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  6. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  7. HDMI not detecting monitor

HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  8. Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable: I've connected my Surface Pro X to an ASUS VG27A monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B088NS4JQZ. Night light and f.lux only works on the Surface screen. Is it possible to get night light working on the ASUS monitor as well? If not, is there...
  9. Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable: I've connected my Surface Pro X to an ASUS VG27A monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B088NS4JQZ. Night light and f.lux only works on the Surface screen. Is it possible to get night light working on the ASUS monitor as well? If not, is there...
  10. USB-C to HDMI Pigtail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C to HDMI Pigtail: Using windows 10 on Lenovo laptop. I am using a USB-C to HDMI pigtail and can not get a picture. How do I make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-pigtail/d02c6d79-1458-4190-a4de-2ea1506025c4