Windows 10: USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

Discus and support USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feet Street, Jan 15, 2024.

1. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in Event Viewer appears after this happens also.

:)

Feet Street, Jan 15, 2024

2. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

It should if you have USB-C, but even then these adapters are not that reliable - nowhere near as good as using an HDMI or Display Port cable.

Did you try the troubleshooting steps I gave you? This will let you know if it can be made to work and remain stable.

This is an interactive process. I give steps to perform, you do each one and then report back results until something works, so I know what to suggest next. If you need help performing any step, just ask back. But please do not skip any steps. We often find out the skipped step is the fix.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Jan 15, 2024
  3. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

Hi Lucy. I'm Greg here to help.

I see a lot of reported issues with USB-C to HDMI adapters, in fact any adapters for monitors in Windows are very likely not to work for many reasons because the native method is always much, much better.

But you can troubleshoot USB-C to HDMI monitor connections not working to see if one of these fixes work - I've collected them all:

Why USB C Cable Doesn’t Work With Your Monitor & How to Fix It

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanage...

https://usbcafe.com/usb-c-to-hdmi-not-working-s...

https://uniaccessories.com/blogs/blog/solved-us...

Feel free to ask back any questions. If you'll post back detailed results then I may know what to suggest next, if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Jan 15, 2024
  4. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

USB C to HDMI Adapter not working

Got a Lenovo Yoga 920 earlier this week. Plugged my USB C to HDMI adapter in and it worked for a few minutes and than stopped working.

It is now identifying as a USB 2.0 Billboard Device which I belive means it isn’t configuring Displayport Alternative Mode properly.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Hitting Windows – P to change project mode.

Going into display settings and detect display.

Checking for Updating graphics driver, USB drivers, check for updates.

Using a different USB C to HDMI adapter, a different TV, and a different cable.

Booting to safe mode with no services running.

Any thoughts for re-configuring the driver?

starrtech2000, Jan 15, 2024
Thema:

USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

1. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC - Similar Threads - USB HDMI Adapter

2. USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C to HDMI not working: I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi...
  3. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  4. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  5. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  6. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  7. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  8. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  9. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  10. USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work: I'm trying to connect my laptop with a TV screen through USB-C connecting with an HDMI. My laptop (Asus Zenbook UX330U in Window 10 64-bit) recognizes an USC-C input (proof). However, when I tried to detect the 2nd screen and connect with my TV, my display didn't recognize...