Windows 10: USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

Discus and support USB-C --> HDMI stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 which has been happily using my USB-C --> HDMI adapter just fine for over a year. However, some updates (unclear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Evan C., Nov 24, 2019.

1. Evan C. Win User

USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

Hi there!

I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 which has been happily using my USB-C --> HDMI adapter just fine for over a year. However, some updates (unclear which) were recently applied, and the video-out functionality has stopped working. Now when I plug in my adapter, I'm presented with a notification saying that the display connection might be limited.

USB-C --> HDMI stopped working 14dc68a6-aabd-4605-be92-0ba716147b8d?upload=true.png

Other devices (e.g., keyboard/mouse) connected to this adapter work fine. However, no video output is allowed, and no extra monitors are detected.

I have made sure that all of my drivers -- especially the Thunderbolt-related ones -- are up-to-date. What else could I try?

:)

Evan C., Nov 24, 2019
  2. TheMC1 Win User

win10 HDMI worked then stopped working

hi

win 10 w ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard using on board video. very vanilla setup.

after win10 upgrade, it took me a while to figure out I needed to update motherboard stuff but finally got HDMI monitor working.

then today a giant step backwards.

I plugged in a mini USB hub and now HDMI quit working under windows. It works fine when running diags initially but when it transitions to windows, no more HDMI signal. so unplugged usb hub but now no HDMI in windows. this blows. i appreciate it was my bad
    not to do all mobo upgrades prior to win10, but this is nuts.

So i am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. I'm shocked HDMI would have stopped working in windows.

THanks,

Mike

TheMC1, Nov 24, 2019
  3. USB C to HDMI Adapter not working

Got a Lenovo Yoga 920 earlier this week. Plugged my USB C to HDMI adapter in and it worked for a few minutes and than stopped working.

It is now identifying as a USB 2.0 Billboard Device which I belive means it isn’t configuring Displayport Alternative Mode properly.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Hitting Windows – P to change project mode.

Going into display settings and detect display.

Checking for Updating graphics driver, USB drivers, check for updates.

Using a different USB C to HDMI adapter, a different TV, and a different cable.

Booting to safe mode with no services running.

Any thoughts for re-configuring the driver?

starrtech2000, Nov 24, 2019
  4. USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

1. USB-C --> HDMI stopped working - Similar Threads - USB HDMI stopped

2. USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI not working: I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi...
  3. USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C to HDMI not working: I want to connect an external monitor to a laptop with no HDMI port, but it is not getting a signal via HDMI through a USB c hub. I can get VGA connection with the adapter/hub, but the HDMI connection does not work. I have tried two different adapters and two different HDMi...
  4. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  5. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  6. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  7. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  8. Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working: Hi, I have a Dell 7280 and an external monitor also Dell. I have a USB-C hub, which has HDMI port and USB 3.0 ports. I connect the hub to USB-C/thunderbolt port then connect the monitor using HDMI port. Then I can set the PC Win-P to use only second screen only. Each...
  9. Hdmi over usb-c stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hdmi over usb-c stopped working: Hi all, I have a bit of a confusing problem. I have a lenovo yoga 730 15" ( I regret this decision every day). This morning it died on me without warning, this happens fairly regularly because it doesn't seem to warn about low battery after it's been asleep which is insanely...
  10. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo yoga c 740-14 hdmi not working