Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllenKnapp3, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new Windows 10 doenload from Microsoft but is tells me it won't install on this Toshiba, what gives.

:)

AllenKnapp3, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 10, 2024
  4. hellrazor Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 10, 2024
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8. - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows 11 Upgrade Error 0x800703ee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Error 0x800703ee: Split from this thread. Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Maybe two years now I tried uprage to Windows 11 22H1 from 10 Home 21H1. 0.0.19045 Build 19045 My computer is old, but "This PC can run Windows 11". I had to get the TPM and bushfixed UEFI Seucre boot.Installing...
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade Error 0x800703ee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade Error 0x800703ee: Split from this thread. Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Maybe two years now I tried uprage to Windows 11 22H1 from 10 Home 21H1. 0.0.19045 Build 19045 My computer is old, but "This PC can run Windows 11". I had to get the TPM and bushfixed UEFI Seucre boot.Installing...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade Error 0x800703ee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 Failed: Dear CommunityI am trying to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 using either Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe or WU and it both cases upgrade fails.WinUpdatefltmc & fltmc instances.txtPanther_setupact.logUnattendGC_setupact.logCould you please help me out to find the root cause...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 Failed

Upgrading to Windows 11 Failed: Dear CommunityI am trying to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 using either Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe or WU and it both cases upgrade fails.WinUpdatefltmc & fltmc instances.txtPanther_setupact.logUnattendGC_setupact.logCould you please help me out to find the root cause...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 11 Failed

8. Upgraded my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now it's asking me to "activate" Windows...

Upgraded my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now it's asking me to "activate" Windows...: Hello, recently I updated my old Dell Inspiron 13 5000 laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. It was my first time doing this and it is now saying I need to "activate" my recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro. What do I do? I don't have the product key for my Windows 8.1...
  9. Upgraded my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now it's asking me to "activate" Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now it's asking me to "activate" Windows...: Hello, recently I updated my old Dell Inspiron 13 5000 laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. It was my first time doing this and it is now saying I need to "activate" my recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro. What do I do? I don't have the product key for my Windows 8.1...
  10. Upgraded my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now it's asking me to "activate" Windows...