Windows 10: Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Discus and support Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by МартинКожуклиев, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a personal account, I realized that I cannot join a domain network with the Home edition and my only option is to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am willing to do this.3. I need to use the laptop in a domain network, with my work profile. How do I make this happen when this Windows is already activated with a personal account? How

:)

МартинКожуклиев, Mar 30, 2022

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 30, 2022
  4. wolvyreen Win User

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Free Windows 11 upgrade for Win 10 Pro Edition

Nothing recently. I do have a bitlocker drive attached if that matters and it is only unlocked when I need data from it and then relocked. but this is not the primary drive at all and I have had it for years.
    I didn't run your tool suggestion but I did run this:

Upgrade from  Windows 11 Home to Pro [​IMG]

What concerns me is why I haven't seen the upgrade as yet. The tool above says I should see the upgrade available on my machine by Fall 2021. Isn't that now?

wolvyreen, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

1. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 PRO: I purchased a valid key from a 3rd party. When trying to update, Windows tells me that the EXISTING key is invalid and will not allow me to update. I purchased the machine directly from Dell 2 years ago and presume the license is valid, since MS seems to be happy with it. How...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 PRO: I purchased a valid key from a 3rd party. When trying to update, Windows tells me that the EXISTING key is invalid and will not allow me to update. I purchased the machine directly from Dell 2 years ago and presume the license is valid, since MS seems to be happy with it. How...
  4. Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro: I have a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro which came with Windows 11 Home. To re-install windows, they have their own media creation too which installs Windows 11 and the Lenovo drivers & software to recreate the system as it came out of the box.I have actually used the Lenovo media to...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: PAST WINDOWS PROBLEM:I have been using Microsoft Windows OS’s since 1995. In the past I once purchased a computer with Windows Home version Pro not offered. Then I upgraded it to Pro. Later, while loading a program the system asked me to insert the Windows Disc to extract a...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: PAST WINDOWS PROBLEM:I have been using Microsoft Windows OS’s since 1995. In the past I once purchased a computer with Windows Home version Pro not offered. Then I upgraded it to Pro. Later, while loading a program the system asked me to insert the Windows Disc to extract a...
  7. Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-upgrade-path-from-windows-11-home-to-pro/05ffee9c-eb7e-467f-a0e9-e3b1f2d4209c
  8. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro: Hello everyone,I recently decided to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft Store and clicked install. During the 'Preparing for upgrade' screen it made it to about 96%-98% and then displayed:Windows upgrade failedError...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro: Hello everyone,I recently decided to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft Store and clicked install. During the 'Preparing for upgrade' screen it made it to about 96%-98% and then displayed:Windows upgrade failedError...