Windows 10: Updates screwing everything up

Discus and support Updates screwing everything up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How's this for descriptive, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU **** **** AT MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Every god damn time windows 11 updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SunnyRFF, May 16, 2024.

1. SunnyRFF Win User

Updates screwing everything up

How's this for descriptive, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU **** **** AT MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Every god damn time windows 11 updates, I have nothing but problems for days!! Then I turn off updates, first turn them off for 5 weeks, then I thought I turned off permanently, each time, somehow, the system turns them back on, and POOOF out of no where it restarts my pc!! Not only do I have issues afterward, just now it did it right in the middle of me typing an unsaved presentation, that I now have to **** start over on!!!!THIS IS MY GOD DAMN **** COMPUTER, I PAID FOR IT, IF I D

:)

SunnyRFF, May 16, 2024

2. Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 16, 2024
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates screwing everything up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2024
  4. Updates screwing everything up

Windows 10 update screwed my video

Hi Sheron,

This issue might occur because the driver installed is incompatible with the latest update installed on your PC. In order for us to better sort things out, we would like to verify if you're using the latest driver of your graphics card manufacturer.

If not, we suggest updating the driver to resolve the issue. Please perform the following steps:

• Select the Start
       button, typeDevice Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapterscategory, right click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

NOTE: If the following steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device
    • Select Uninstall
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jericho Lap, May 16, 2024
Thema:

Updates screwing everything up

1. Updates screwing everything up - Similar Threads - Updates screwing everything

2. Updates screwing everything up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates screwing everything up: How's this for descriptive, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU **** **** AT MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Every god damn time windows 11 updates, I have nothing but problems for days!! Then I turn off updates, first turn them off for 5 weeks, then I thought I turned off...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  5. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  7. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  8. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  9. Latest Windows Update - screws everything else up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows Update - screws everything else up: Literally every time Windows has a major update, it messes things up on my Surface Pro tablet. This latest update has resulted in the following: 1. Camera - when I try to take a pic it says "Something went wrong: PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed". 2. Canon ImageBrowser EX -...
  10. Update screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....