Windows 10: Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

Discus and support Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rebecca Buchanan, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the troubleshooting menu and tried to uninstall the recent installs, it would not let me. I tried to restore it, that did not work. I tried resetting it in both of the available options and neither of those worked. And yes, I tried restarting it and that did not work. WHAT DO I DO?????

:)

Rebecca Buchanan, Aug 22, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 22, 2022
  3. Stuck at Bit locker recovery loop

Every time I start my laptop it asks for the BitLocker recovery key. It's like a loop I am stuck in I have to put the recovery key every time I start or restart my laptop, even after updates restart it asks for the recovery key.
    Can someone help me to get it fixed (break this loop)?

Kunal Bagga, Aug 22, 2022
  4. James Win User

Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike

For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'.

Another option is to use software.

From m3datarecovery

Download

Instructions

From m3datarecovery

- *Smile

James, Aug 22, 2022
Thema:

Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

1. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop - Similar Threads - Updated laptop stuck

2. I am stuck in a reboot loop on Bitlocker Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am stuck in a reboot loop on Bitlocker Recovery: I am stuck in an infinite loop here Even if I enter the key system reboots and shows the same screen and if I press esc for recovery options or f11 to choose an alternate os it does the same it reboots back to this very screen.So the problem I had was BSOD System Service...
  3. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  4. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  5. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.: I upgraded a windows 10 Dell to windows 11 and then went to wipe everything. It now boots to the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking for a key that I never made.Pressing esc or fn11 for more recovery options restarts the computer, making it boot to Bitlocker again. I cannot get...
  7. Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.

Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.: I upgraded a windows 10 Dell to windows 11 and then went to wipe everything. It now boots to the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking for a key that I never made.Pressing esc or fn11 for more recovery options restarts the computer, making it boot to Bitlocker again. I cannot get...
  8. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop: I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the...
  9. laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery: Split from this thread.My mother in law laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery and have no clue what to do we tried go in her microsoft account but looks like someone beat us to it none of the info we have work and when we try to change email phone or anything...
  10. Laptop stuck in automatic recovery loop with bitlocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in automatic recovery loop with bitlocker encrypted drives: Hi there, I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10 Pro that is stuck in a boot loop. It goes like this: Start laptop and see Acer logo Screen goes black and Acer logo again with "Preparing Automatic Repair Goes through "Diagnosing system"or something to that effect and...