Windows 10: Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

Discus and support Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Update KB File not getting opened via DISMHi sir,I have to install KB update via DISM. I tried following command to install it.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nandkishor Chintanwar, Oct 9, 2024 at 6:12 AM.

1. Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

Update KB File not getting opened via DISMHi sir,I have to install KB update via DISM. I tried following command to install it.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580It is throwing error as follows : An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580 Error: 0x80070002 An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580 Error: 0x80070002 Error: 2 An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580 Error: 0x80070002Logs are attached at below path:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1

:)

Nandkishor Chintanwar, Oct 9, 2024 at 6:12 AM
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

4. merlin59 Win User

Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

How to: Create Windows 7 SP1 Disc with integrated updates, IE9, drivers

Integrate updates Windows 7

Excellent tutorial from Drone. If you are interested in slip streaming your own installation disc, this gives you a clear understanding of the process and allows control for customization. To automate the procedure you can create a batch file as the following example. This file updates all 64 bit versions, can remove lines to suit your needs. Unable to extract cab files if using WinRAR, at least the trial version.

location of .msu files, can be any location
    *Windows6.1-KB* changed from "Windows6.1-KB2" to include more updates
    name of AIO SP1 64 bit retail DVD
    %% allows command to run in batch file
    change to x86 for 32 bit, add this line for all 5 versions in 32 bit
    Adds IE9, don't forget to place IE9-Windows7-x64-enu in C: and remove all files but IE9-Win7.cab

BATCH FILE:

mkdir C:\IE9
    C:\IE9-Windows7-x64-enu /x:C:\IE9
    mkdir C:\win7
    robocopy M:\ C:\win7 /E /A-:R
    mkdir C:\image\mount
    mkdir C:\image\updates
    robocopy G:\Windows7\A764bitSP1files\7Updates\new C:\image\updates /E /A-:R
    cd\image
    for %%a in (.\updates\*Windows6.1-KB*-x64.msu) do mkdir %%~pna
    expand .\updates\*Windows6.1-KB*-x64.msu -F:Windows6.1-KB*-x64.cab .\updates
    for %%a in (.\updates\*Windows6.1-KB*-x64.cab) do expand %%a -F:* %%~pna
    del /Q .\updates\*
    move C:\win7\sources\install.wim C:\image
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim /index:1
    dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:mount
    FOR /D %%g in (.\updates\*Windows6.1-KB*-x64) do dism /Image:.\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:%%g
    dism /image:.\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\IE9
    dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:mount /commit
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim /index:2
    dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:install.wim /index:2 /MountDir:mount
    FOR /D %%g in (.\updates\*Windows6.1-KB*-x64) do dism /Image:.\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:%%g
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim /index:3
    dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:install.wim /index:3 /MountDir:mount
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim /index:4
    dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:install.wim /index:4 /MountDir:mount
    dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim /index:5
    dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:install.wim /index:5 /MountDir:mount
    cd\
    move C:\image\install.wim C:\win7\sources
    oscdimg -lW7SP1 -t012/16/2011 -m -u2 -bC:\win7\boot\etfsboot.com C:\win7 C:\GSP1RMCMUXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

Can add the other lines in Drone's tutorial to include drivers.
    All credit goes to Drone, this is just my modification of his work.

Thema:

Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

1. Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM - Similar Threads - Update File getting

2. Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM: Update KB File not getting opened via DISMHi sir,I have to install KB update via DISM. I tried following command to install it.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580It is throwing error as follows : An error occurred...
  3. Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB File not getting opened and installed via DISM: Update KB File not getting opened via DISMHi sir,I have to install KB update via DISM. I tried following command to install it.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Users\Ackips\Downloads\kb5041580It is throwing error as follows : An error occurred...
  4. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  5. KB update not installing

KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  6. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599: Immediately after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599 Office 2019 slowed down and now takes 30 seconds or longer to save a small file in WORD and EXCEL. Restoring to a pre-instal date sorted the problem but when I reinstalled the updates the same problem occurred and...
  8. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599: Immediately after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599 Office 2019 slowed down and now takes 30 seconds or longer to save a small file in WORD and EXCEL. Restoring to a pre-instal date sorted the problem but when I reinstalled the updates the same problem occurred and...
  9. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors: So after latest two KB34/36 updates SFC find errors which cant fix and DISM restorehealth either. Code: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: <----- Starting Dism.exe session -----> 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host...