Windows 10: Unusual PC Behavior

Discus and support Unusual PC Behavior in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Devin Murphy8347, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Unusual PC Behavior

Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk commands in Powershell5. Switching out my GPU6. Switching out my SSD7. Checking for firmware issues8. Checking for BIOS issues9. Running memory diagnostics to check for RAM issues10. Doing a factory reset11. Scanning for viruses and malware using Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, Iobit Malware Fighter 9 Pro, and Vipre Security

:)

Devin Murphy8347, Jul 10, 2022

2. Unusual hard disk behavior

I uninstalled Avast and switched to Windows Defender for the time being. Unfortunately that did not cure the weird HDD activity. You can clearly see the spikes every couple of seconds in this screen shot:

Unusual PC Behavior [​IMG]

That pattern continues indefinitely until the PC is shut down.

These are the apps I've installed since the first of the year:

I don't see anything there that would cause constant disk activity, but I do think narrowing down possible causes is a good idea. I'm certainly open to suggestions. Unusual PC Behavior :) Thanks for your help so far.

TeeJay3800, Jul 10, 2022
  3. Unusual hard disk behavior

I have power options set to never turn the hard disk off. So far the drive hasn't been shutting off, but the constant activity has continued.

This is my task manager processes sorted by most disk activity:

I also ran the Western Digital Diagnostics app and it passed the tests as you can see here:

As suggested I'm in the process of backing up my drive, but I would certainly prefer it not die on me. *Sad

TeeJay3800, Jul 10, 2022
  4. Unusual PC Behavior

Unusual hard disk behavior

Is this the screen you think would be more helpful?

It looks to me that an Avast Anti-Virus related process could be the cost for the weird disk activity.

EDIT: Actually this next screen shot seems to show "system" as being responsible for it:

TeeJay3800, Jul 10, 2022
Thema:

Unusual PC Behavior

1. Unusual PC Behavior - Similar Threads - Unusual Behavior

2. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  3. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  4. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. unusual behavior? - why is my HP pavilion g series re-populating a new hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unusual behavior? - why is my HP pavilion g series re-populating a new hdd?: Hi all, got a challenge: i have a hp pav g series laptop with 250G hdd etc. 4G RAM , running Win 10 Home. I had reason to remove drive for a re-build with another HD.Added Installed new HD,... turned on, got the "wait a while" , PC apparently re-populated the blank HDD with...
  6. unusual behavior? - why is my HP pavilion g series re-populating a new hdd?

unusual behavior? - why is my HP pavilion g series re-populating a new hdd?: Hi all, got a challenge: i have a hp pav g series laptop with 250G hdd etc. 4G RAM , running Win 10 Home. I had reason to remove drive for a re-build with another HD.Added Installed new HD,... turned on, got the "wait a while" , PC apparently re-populated the blank HDD with...
  7. unusual behavior? - why is my HP pavilion g series re-populating a new hdd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unusual PC Behavior

Unusual PC Behavior: Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk...
  9. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.: Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar issues and could not find any examples, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an alienware m15 r6 with a...
  10. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.: Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar issues and could not find any examples, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an alienware m15 r6 with a...