Windows 10: Unlock the task bar!

Discus and support Unlock the task bar! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember, I have utilized the task bar on the left side of my screen to help with carpal tunnel syndrome. Now I hear that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A. Jensen, Oct 15, 2024 at 8:08 AM.

1. A. Jensen Win User

Unlock the task bar!

For as long as I can remember, I have utilized the task bar on the left side of my screen to help with carpal tunnel syndrome. Now I hear that the taskbar on Windows 11 is permanently locked to the bottom of the screen. This is a feature that was clearly overlooked and needs to be added back to Windows 11. There are millions of customers who use the unlock feature to adjust the task bar. Don't forget your bread and butter Microsoft!

:)

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

3. Nathan444 Win User
    Task Bar

I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?

4. Unlock the task bar!

Task bar stay locked in windows 10.

Hi Stanley,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What happen when you try to use task bar?
    3. Do you want to unlock task bar?

I want to inform you it is by default locked because if you will do unlock it your task bar will not stay at one place.
    If you want to unlock it I would suggest you to Follow the below steps to fix issue.

1. Right click on Task bar then check status of task bar.
    2. Uncheck lock task bar option.

I hope this help.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Oct 15, 2024 at 8:13 AM
Thema:

Unlock the task bar!

1. Unlock the task bar! - Similar Threads - Unlock task bar

2. Unlock the task bar!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlock the task bar!: For as long as I can remember, I have utilized the task bar on the left side of my screen to help with carpal tunnel syndrome. Now I hear that the taskbar on Windows 11 is permanently locked to the bottom of the screen. This is a feature that was clearly overlooked and needs...
  3. PLEASE UNLOCK THE TASK BAR IN WINDOWS 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE UNLOCK THE TASK BAR IN WINDOWS 11!: I, and I see in this community, love the previous unlock taskbar feature to be able to move it around where I wanted on my screens. Please bring this back, as I understand this is not possible with current Windows 11. The new taskbar is great, but please, this feature is so...
  4. PLEASE UNLOCK THE TASK BAR IN WINDOWS 11!

PLEASE UNLOCK THE TASK BAR IN WINDOWS 11!: I, and I see in this community, love the previous unlock taskbar feature to be able to move it around where I wanted on my screens. Please bring this back, as I understand this is not possible with current Windows 11. The new taskbar is great, but please, this feature is so...
  5. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  6. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  7. Task bar

Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  8. Task bar will not unlock.

Task bar will not unlock.: My taskbar will not unlock. Whenever I right click the taskbar and hit Lock Taskbar to uncheck it nothing happens. Then I go to task bar settings and uncheck lock taskbar. I go out of settings and then right click my taskbar and its still locked. Ive restarted Window's...
  9. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  10. task bar

task bar: the icons in my taskbar are no longer showing up, they're still there but i just cant see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/09e5eb42-2e0c-4813-bd90-d4ade758372e