Windows 10: Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Discus and support Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyMacky, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image below. How can I find out what this task is? I really don't need the additional cognitive noise of random unidentified tasks popping up.I realize that when the Start menue is showing, Alt+Tab will show such an unidentified task, but that isn't the explanation here. The unidentified task does not appear on the taskbar.

:)

FrankyMacky, Mar 27, 2023
  2. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Mar 27, 2023
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

1. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab - Similar Threads - Unknown task switching

2. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  3. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  5. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  6. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  7. alt tab returning to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab returning to task bar: Full screen apps and games keep minimizing itselfwhen i do alt tab the app minimize, same as clicking the app on the task bar, it always minimize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-returning-to-task-bar/79a0bc2a-cadb-475f-9ad0-8350b8acdb27
  8. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  9. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore: Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else...
  10. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...