Windows 10: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

Discus and support Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've been experiencing an issue where my hard drive is running 100% all the time. My theory is that the OS could be installed on both the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shiggieshaggie, Oct 15, 2024.

1. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

Hello,I've been experiencing an issue where my hard drive is running 100% all the time. My theory is that the OS could be installed on both the hard drive and SSD the HDD still runs 100% even with clean storage. I or the tech person I was working with at the time could have done this by accident. I was wondering how I can uninstall the OS on both the HDD and SSD. Then, only install the Windows OS for the SSD. I only use my PC for gaming and school I used to use it for work when I worked remotely. I tried everything from 2021 to 2023 with Dell tech support, and that's when they told me to g

:)

Shiggieshaggie, Oct 15, 2024

2. SSD - copy or reinstall OS?

I have established ssd and there is no wish to reinstall OS. I want to transfer already established OS by means of acronis true image.

Whether it is necessary for for correct work of Windows 10 OS to do pure installation on SSD?

Or to adjust rather copied OS having disconnected excess load of SSD?

SergeyKorolev_79, Oct 15, 2024
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Oct 15, 2024
  4. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 15, 2024
Thema:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

1. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Reinstalling SSD

2. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD: Hello,I've been experiencing an issue where my hard drive is running 100% all the time. My theory is that the OS could be installed on both the hard drive and SSD the HDD still runs 100% even with clean storage. I or the tech person I was working with at the time could have...
  3. How ro reinstall OS to SSD in Laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How ro reinstall OS to SSD in Laptop?: I just acquired a second hand Asus Tuf gaming laptop. It has a 256 SSD storage, and a 1TB HDD. The problem is that the OS was installed in the HDD instead of the SSD. How do I transfer my OS to SSD? I don't have the license key with me. submitted by /u/LaLoopHole [link]...
  4. SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall: I'm using a Dell Inspiron Desktop PC which I've had for 3 years. Suddenly got blue screen of death today, and had to reinstall windows. THe only problem is, not only the HDD is showing up, the SSD doesn't show up anywhere. The SSD does NOT show up in Device Manager...
  5. Reinstalling Windows on a SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows on a SSD: Hello I was wondering, I have the official Windows 10 Pro on my laptop but since it has a hard drive, I want to install an NVMe, and im curious, and remove my hard drive. I don't really care about losing my files too much, but will I be able to get the same OS Pro I have...
  6. REINSTALLING Windows on an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REINSTALLING Windows on an SSD: Hi, I'm aware that this is a common topic, but I just wanna be assured of what am gonna do is correct. I have window 10 installed on my HDD, I want to move it to my SSD. I prefer a clean install rather than cloning it. I have windows on the DVD that came with the license...
  7. uninstall and reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall and reinstall: will i lose all my current content if i uninstalll and reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/uninstall-and-reinstall/eff880f6-e0b0-4b08-982f-341a52b2f644
  8. Reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall OS: I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there anyway to reinstall windows 10. I contacted HP but they said this type of problem is not covered under my warranty because of...
  9. Os reinstall

Os reinstall: If i reinstall my os from boot menu by pendrive.will i lose my license of Os (will i lose my genuine os) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/os-reinstall/cdb8ad19-3c8d-4547-a062-4c8a46a13d75
  10. Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot

Help uninstalling first OS in SSD with win8.1 & 10 dualboot: Hello is it possible to uninstall the first installed OS (Windows 8.1) in the SSD that has also win 10 installed into the second partition without losing data in win 10? If not from windows tools maybe using some software? Currently this is how my SSD is: Disk0: [System...