Windows 10: Unable to use sleep mode

Discus and support Unable to use sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've installed Ubuntu along with Windows 11, now when I make Windows in the sleep mode, I always find it turned off the laptop and open to the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by naman omar, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Unable to use sleep mode

I've installed Ubuntu along with Windows 11, now when I make Windows in the sleep mode, I always find it turned off the laptop and open to the screen in which i choose ubuntu and windows but when login i get back to last state before sleep. How to solve the problem?

:)

naman omar, Jun 7, 2024

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 7, 2024
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2024
  4. Unable to use sleep mode

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 7, 2024
Thema:

Unable to use sleep mode

1. Unable to use sleep mode - Similar Threads - Unable sleep mode

2. Unable to use sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use sleep mode: I've installed Ubuntu along with Windows 11, now when I make Windows in the sleep mode, I always find it turned off the laptop and open to the screen in which i choose ubuntu and windows but when login i get back to last state before sleep. How to solve the problem?...
  3. PC stuck after using sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck after using sleep mode: HelloI put my computer in sleep mode yesterday and it responds to nothing, like it is dead. I have it plugged into a power outlet. What can I do? The power switch doesn't work.Lisa...
  4. PC stuck after using sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck after using sleep mode: HelloI put my computer in sleep mode yesterday and it responds to nothing, like it is dead. I have it plugged into a power outlet. What can I do? The power switch doesn't work.Lisa...
  5. PC stuck after using sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. sleep mode

sleep mode: my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ? It boots normally and comes out of sleep in about 3-5 seconds can some one help me...
  7. Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode?: Is it working on the newest build? submitted by /u/whiffleboy666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx72gq/sleep_mode/
  8. Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP): Unable to wake the computer from sleep mode without shutting it down and restarting it. I have done the standard troubleshooting, tweaking of settings. Everything says that I should be able to: open the lid to my laptop, press a keyboard key or the power button to wake it...
  9. Sleep mode

Sleep mode: Good day, Please what does allow hybrid sleep mode mean? I want my internet on and want to be connected to internet while my computer is asleep. Please explain hybrid sleep to me and how I can achieve my need. Camillus....
  10. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...