Windows 10: Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Discus and support Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm unable to turn on Windows Defender real-time protection. It says "Handled by another AV program". But I have no AV program installed. Earlier I had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hypervisor, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

I'm unable to turn on Windows Defender real-time protection. It says "Handled by another AV program". But I have no AV program installed. Earlier I had bit-defender AV but I uninstalled it (Even I used bit-defender uninstaller tool). Still it shows the error. Please suggest me a solution. Is there any kind of tool which detects the AV or removes any left over AV files?
    I'm currently on Windows 10 (version 1607) build 14372
    Attaching the screenshot of windows defender.
    Thank you *Smile

:)

hypervisor, Jul 15, 2016

2. Windows Defender

The Windows Defender in Windows 10 states that my "Real Time"protection is turned off. It is unable to turn it on. How can I turn on the Real Time Protection?

RickBowen_915, Jul 15, 2016
  3. How do I turn on Virus Protection?

iam unable to on the real-time protection

nandigamasrikanth, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Did you uninstall Bit Defender using their uninstall tool? Chances are there are fragments of the program left over which may be causing this problem. You can find the Bit Defender uninstall tool here, run it & hopefully this weeds out any leftovers.

Borg 386, Jul 15, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Once you have Bit Defender completely uninstalled, try option #2 here:
    Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Windows Action Center will give you a notification to turn on Windows Defender when it detect no other antivirus are running. No need to perform option #2 as it not necessary.

RubberDucky, Jul 22, 2016
  7. Hi, @SexyColdNoodle:*Smile

You wrote:

I mean no disrespect, but @Borg 386 and @simrick are both VIP/Gold Members/Gurus here at tenforums.com with many 1000s of posts between them. As such, their expert advice is generally quite sound and reliable. They both "know their stuff".

The OP's problem is that WD is *not* turning on as it should, so it would probably be a good idea for @hypervisor to try their suggestions, no???

<just a friendly thought>

MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 22, 2016
  8. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Open windows defender. Click on update. Then click on update definition. Wait untill download and installing finishes.
    Then Simply restart your pc.
    Think , everythink will be fine.

mubtasim91, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

1. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection - Similar Threads - Unable turn Defender

2. Windows defender unable to turn on real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender unable to turn on real time protection: Hello community I just did a "reset this pc" now as shown in the screen shot bellow windows defender is showing real time protection is off but I can't turn it back on. My pc is a personal laptop and is not managed by any organization. Can someone please assist me in what to...
  3. Windows defender unable to turn on real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender unable to turn on real time protection: Hello community I just did a "reset this pc" now as shown in the screen shot bellow windows defender is showing real time protection is off but I can't turn it back on. My pc is a personal laptop and is not managed by any organization. Can someone please assist me in what to...
  4. Windows defender unable to turn on real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to turn on real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on real time protection: I may have executed a virus.Now I can’t turn on real time protection because defender says I have another antivirus even though I only use defender. What can I do?...
  6. Unable to turn on real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on real time protection: I may have executed a virus.Now I can’t turn on real time protection because defender says I have another antivirus even though I only use defender. What can I do?...
  7. Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender

Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender: I recently decided to uninstall all my anti-virus software and wanted to revert to using Windows Defender as my main anti-virus. After uninstalling, I went ahead and open Windows Defender and saw that my real-time protection was disabled. I went into settings and when I was...
  8. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  9. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  10. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection: Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0. I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. real-time protection windows defender

2. unable to turn on real time protection

3. unable to turn on real-time protection windows 10

4. Windows Defender - Unable to turn on realtime protection,
  5. windows 10 unable to turn on real-time protection,
  6. unable to turn on real time protection windows 10,
  7. windows defender cannot turn on real time,
  8. unable to turn on real time protection in windows defender,
  9. unable to turn on defender realtime protection while kaspersky is installed,
  10. not able to turn on real time protection,
  11. unable to turn on windows defender windows 10,
  12. unable to on the window defender real time protection,
  13. unable to turn on the real time protection,
  14. windows defender real time protection handled by another av program,
  15. unable to turn on real time anti-virus protection in win10