Windows 10: Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only

Discus and support Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having serious issues with Win 11. A few weeks ago it started complaining I was running out of space on OneDrive, wherein I had tried repeatedly to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IKrausCompterLady, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:47 AM.

1. Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only

I'm having serious issues with Win 11. A few weeks ago it started complaining I was running out of space on OneDrive, wherein I had tried repeatedly to turn off syncing for the bulk of my own files Documents, Photos, Videos. I do video editing and graphic design work, so the size of most files is pretty large. As I have my own means of backing up my files, I don't want to use OneDrive at all. Every time I have turned that off, Win 11 goes and turns it back on when I go to save a file. Also, it is constantly changing all of these folders to read-only status, again even though I have manually

:)

IKrausCompterLady, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:47 AM

2. Folder View settings constantly changing

Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from constantly changing my folder view settings. throughout the day I am constantly moving between different folders for work and am constantly changing the view settings. I like the detail view, apparently Microsoft
    does not and keeps changing to list, Large Icons, etc., etc.

Edward OConnor, Jul 4, 2024 at 11:32 AM
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    one drive sync

Hi Dan,

Corrupted files may be the possible cause reason why files/folders were not syncing. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us if you've made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync a file/folder?
    • Which version of Office are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your OneDrive files/folders to sync properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. RickKra Win User

Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only

Mail/Calendar App Stopped syncing and Unistack Services Group using C Drive constantly

Recently the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Apps have stopped syncing (won't update) and I noticed that the C Drive is constantly running at 100% with read/writes. Task Manager says that the Unistack Services Group is using the majority of the disk drive.
    Restarting doesn't help. Any ideas?

Thema:

Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only

1. Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only - Similar Threads - Unable stop Drive

2. Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to stop One Drive Sync - Folders constantly being changed to read-only: I'm having serious issues with Win 11. A few weeks ago it started complaining I was running out of space on OneDrive, wherein I had tried repeatedly to turn off syncing for the bulk of my own files Documents, Photos, Videos. I do video editing and graphic design work, so the...
  3. One Drive folder sync question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive folder sync question: Hi there,I am working on a Windows desktop with One Drive installed. I use it to move stuff between my desktop and my laptop which I use infrequently. However, the two devices have different folder architecture. So my question:On my desktop, I have a virtual drive D:, on...
  4. Stop Syncing Folder to One Drive But Keep on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Syncing Folder to One Drive But Keep on PC: I want to stop syncing my desktop to One Drive but keep my desktop files on my PC. How can I do that?One Drive settings let me select which files I can see on my Desktop but it won't let me unsync my Desktop and keep my files....
  5. Windows 10 - "Desktop" folder is "Read Only", Unable to change it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - "Desktop" folder is "Read Only", Unable to change it: Hello I would like to change the "Folder Access Rights" of the folder "Desktop" from "Read Only" to otherwise. When I try to change the rights, it acknowledges the change. However when I check again, it goes back to "Read Only". What do I do? Thank You Deepak...
  6. One Drive sync stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive sync stopped: One drive stopped and when I try to restart it it comes up with this message. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync-stopped/278185fa-0661-47d0-ad0a-919715c473cc
  7. Search folder changes to read only

in Cortana
    Search folder changes to read only: Hi, Problem with a W10 /pro 64 bit workstation, version 1803 17131.407. After the latest update the search stopped finding stuff. Even in a folder with a file like photo.jpg, a search for photo or photo.* or even photo.jpg showed nothing. This had happened before....
  8. Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive: I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Actually the folder is not on the C: drive but on D:. I really need some help. Thank you. 89308
  9. One Drive Sync Folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Sync Folders.: I noticed in quick access that one drive has folders in documents & pictures folder, but not in video and music folders. In one drive folder I do have pictures and videos in those folders. So why are they not synced in quick access. Henry [img] 72640
  10. Unable to change Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change Read Only: Hi Guys Just upgrading to Win 10 and noticed this morning that I am unable to change the settings from Read Only to allow all saved work. I have tried changing the Preferences, but as soon as I do, Apply, Ok and the settings refer back to Read Only. I haven't noticed...