Windows 10: Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

Discus and support Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I want to open the setup.exe program that is made after creating a windows 10 media creation tool. When I open it, the Windows logo appears then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T-pose Knuckles, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

Hello, I want to open the setup.exe program that is made after creating a windows 10 media creation tool. When I open it, the Windows logo appears then disappears and nothing happens. My cpu: AMD ryzen 3 3250U with radeon graphics.

:)

T-pose Knuckles, Jun 3, 2022

2. Win7 install, setup was unable to create a new sys partiton...

Full error: Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.

My drive setup is as follows:

Drive 0 200gb, trying to install win 7 on this one. This was installed into the computer recently.

Drive 1 Total 250GB. Has ubuntu installed
    Partition 1 Primary: 140gb, ext3
    Partition 2 Logical, 91gb ext3
    Partition 3 logical 3.9GB, swap

Both drives are sata, Drive 0 is first to boot from i believe. Anyway, i had an 80gb drive originally that failed, when i removed that I rebuilt grub on ubuntu to just recognize ubuntu and its own drive (drive 1). Thereafter I stuck Drive 0 in, and tried to install Win7 on it, and got the above error. I disconnected my ubuntu drive, and the error is still present. Heading home from work now, but pile on the suggestions. Ill try them tomorrow.

Hybrid_theory, Jun 3, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jun 3, 2022
  4. Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 3, 2022
Thema:

Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

1. Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media. - Similar Threads - Unable start setup

2. Unable to create Windows 11 Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Windows 11 Installation Media: Hi, I'm trying to create Windows 11 Installation Media on a usb stick in order to do a fresh install of Windows 11. I follow the instructions on the program, however the "What do you want to do?" page, described on the download page, is skipped; it goes straight to language,...
  3. Unable to create Windows 11 Installation Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 11 Installation Media: Hi, I'm trying to create Windows 11 Installation Media on a usb stick in order to do a fresh install of Windows 11. I follow the instructions on the program, however the "What do you want to do?" page, described on the download page, is skipped; it goes straight to language,...
  4. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  5. Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory

Setup Was Unable To Create the Directory: Hi, dear Customer Support,I've been facing a problem for the last 2 days while trying to install my software " Gemvision Matrix". As I'm running the installation program it says, " Setup was unable to create the directory," and the address is,"C:\Users\Corei9\OneDrive\??".It...
  6. Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.: Hello, I want to open the setup.exe program that is made after creating a windows 10 media creation tool. When I open it, the Windows logo appears then disappears and nothing happens. My cpu: AMD ryzen 3 3250U with radeon graphics....
  7. Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to start setup.exe after creating an installation media.: Hello, I want to open the setup.exe program that is made after creating a windows 10 media creation tool. When I open it, the Windows logo appears then disappears and nothing happens. My cpu: AMD ryzen 3 3250U with radeon graphics....
  8. Creating installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating installation media: Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change...
  9. setup unable to create directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setup unable to create directory: I am trying to install a program and when i open the installer everything is fine until it begins to download and then i get "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\ArturiaSoftware Center" Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified" Last...
  10. Unable to create Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create Rescue Media: I'm trying to migrate my OS to an SSD as a boot drive using Macrium Reflect. Before I touch anything I decided to create a rescue media on a formatted 8GB USB drive and a disk image on an external HDD I have in case things go wrong. Of course, on the very first and...