Windows 10: Unable to sign into Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to sign into Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have enabled the "Guest" user and it won't let me sign in. In the switch users menu, I can see it but if I click it Windows glitches out and takes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gil_065, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Gil_065 Win User

Unable to sign into Windows 11

I have enabled the "Guest" user and it won't let me sign in. In the switch users menu, I can see it but if I click it Windows glitches out and takes me to the login screen where I cannot see it. Another notable thing is that I am using Windows to Go.

:)

Gil_065, Jul 8, 2024
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 8, 2024
  3. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro

Thanks much, Dave, indeed it was a big job.

Clean install of Windows 11 from a bootable USB helped to Activate the Pro.

Just to summarize what was done:

1. Took backup of the drives and save some on cloud.
    2. Installed the Media creation tool app as you suggested (https://www.microsoft.com/software-...t=Windows 11 Installation-,Media,-If you want)
    3. Connected the USB and ran the application and downloaded the Windows 11.
      1. additional thing which I had to do is to install WLAN driver to the USB in advance, to have the WIFI option available as it was required to connect to a network to download the latest windows features while reinstalling the Windows, and Wi-Fi option was not available.
    4. Turned off the 'Secure boot' from the BIOS menu.
    5. Changed the 'Boot Order' in the BIOS menu to first use the USB Boot.
    6. Saved and Exit, which triggered Restart and Windows installation.
    7. During the network connecting stage to install the latest updates and features - 'Let's Connect you to a network', I opened the CMD (Shift + F10) and ran than WLAN driver exe to install it and then I was able to connect to my WIFI network.
      1. Optional to this step is to BYPASS the network connection stage by following this - bypass "lets connect you to a network" - Microsoft Community
      2. Then, doing that manually once Windows has been installed.
    8. Once everything is set-up, I followed the suggestion from this again, and it worked - Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro - Microsoft Community

Jagadeesh C R, Jul 8, 2024
  4. Unable to sign into Windows 11

Surface pro issue- Unable to Sign-in

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions to better understand your query.

1. Do you mean that you are unable to sign in to your User Account?

2. If yes, are you using a Microsoft Account or a local account?

However, I would suggest you try using the On-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below.

1. Click on the ease of access icon and then select On-screen Keyboard.

2. If you are able to login using the on screen keyboard. You need to update your drivers in the Device Manager. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.

• Expand Keyboard.

• Right-click on the Keyboard and select
      Update Driver Software

• Restart the computer and check.
    If you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account, you may recover your password by click on the link below and following the mentioned steps.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 8, 2024
Thema:

Unable to sign into Windows 11

1. Unable to sign into Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable sign

2. Unable to sign into pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into pc: Hi all.I contacted ms earlier today to get assistance with ms 365. Support had control of my computer but connection was lost and now i cant access my pc when i turn it on. Its looking for a pin but no place to type pin into. Have a face icon and a globe icon which when you...
  3. Unable to sign into pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into pc: Hi all.I contacted ms earlier today to get assistance with ms 365. Support had control of my computer but connection was lost and now i cant access my pc when i turn it on. Its looking for a pin but no place to type pin into. Have a face icon and a globe icon which when you...
  4. Unable to sign into xbox app on pc as it says I am not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox app on pc as it says I am not connected to the internet.: When I try to sign into the xbox app on my pc, it says I am not connected to the internet even though I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-app-on-pc-as-it-says-i-am/f2e6f9b4-2a32-469d-b742-973b1e7ee8d8
  5. Unable to sign into xbox app on pc as it says I am not connected to the internet.

Unable to sign into xbox app on pc as it says I am not connected to the internet.: When I try to sign into the xbox app on my pc, it says I am not connected to the internet even though I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-app-on-pc-as-it-says-i-am/f2e6f9b4-2a32-469d-b742-973b1e7ee8d8
  6. How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?: I have tried pressing sign in and every time it ends with either a black screen with an error or an unresponsive sign in button. The errors I've ran into include:The exception unknown software exception 0x40000015 occurred in the application at location...
  7. How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?

How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?: I have tried pressing sign in and every time it ends with either a black screen with an error or an unresponsive sign in button. The errors I've ran into include:The exception unknown software exception 0x40000015 occurred in the application at location...
  8. How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?

9. How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How do fix my computer being unable to Sign in?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging