Windows 10: Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer

Discus and support Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm able to print and copy from my Epson XP-8600 'all in one printer' , but now I can't use the scanner, the last time I used the scanner was quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NealePC, Oct 25, 2024 at 9:22 AM.

1. NealePC Win User

Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer

I'm able to print and copy from my Epson XP-8600 'all in one printer' , but now I can't use the scanner, the last time I used the scanner was quite some time ago and it worked perfectly !I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version and updates,I've also updated my printer multi to the latest software and updates, it's connected using a USB new cable, to be certain the cable is not the problem.I've tried scanning using the printer LCD screen button but I get a message advising me to install Epson Event Manager , which I have done.I've run out of ideas ,I'm not a computer expert so I tend

:)

2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

3. JonZWard Win User
    Epson xp-412 scanner on windows 10

I have upgraded to win 10 and have connected my Epson xp-412 with a usb cable. The wireless is disbled on the printer. I can print but cannot access the scanner using mspaint or Epson scan. Any suggestions

4. sygnus21 Win User

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Yeah, I see that's Epson-Ireland.

Got it - printer is Wi-Fi. With that... As Oscar pointed to your printer drivers you need to install the

• Driver
    • Epson Scan software
    • Epson Scan updater software
    You might also need to install the "Other Software" in the "Event Manager" software.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the main PC (the PC where you installed the software for the printer)?

Have you checked you printer's network settings?

I'd also suggest you go over the owner's manual for said printer. It can be downloaded via Oscar's link under Manual & Documentation.

Anyway if things are right you should see both scanner and printer under Device Manager as shown for my Epson XP-960 Wi-Fi printer...

Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer 292595d1597252237t-epson-xp-345-printer-works-but-not-scanner-epson-wi-fi-printer.png

(There are not "hidden". And the printer is powered off)

Good luck.

Thema:

1. Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer - Similar Threads - Unable scan using

2. Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scan using Epson XP-8600 scanner to Windows 11 computer: I'm able to print and copy from my Epson XP-8600 'all in one printer' , but now I can't use the scanner, the last time I used the scanner was quite some time ago and it worked perfectly !I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version and updates,I've also updated my printer...
  3. my Epson xp-200 scanner is scanning but magnifying the page so 1 page becomes 8 scans .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Epson xp-200 scanner is scanning but magnifying the page so 1 page becomes 8 scans .: my Epson xp-200 scanner is scanning but magnifying the page so 1 page becomes 8 scans . How do I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epson-xp-200-scanner-is-scanning-but-magnifying/a9db95f8-ca04-4b75-ac94-e28c6d86a851
  4. epson xp-home printer scanner

epson xp-home printer scanner: since having to do a factory reset on laptop including windows 10 the scanner on printer wont work "printer ok but cant connect to scanner". I have uninstalled scanner, re installed, used driver from disk but still no joy....
  5. Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner: Windows 10 1903 1836. About 3 days ago I went to use my printer but it wasn't 'seen' on the network and I also noticed that there were no printers showing in Device Manager. I'm not at all sure how I got the printer to work but it was something to do with default printer....
  6. Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner

Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner: We have 2 computers in our office that did the Windows 10 update. Now they are not able to receive scans from our Ricoh. Any fixes for this? Thanks ***Original Title: Microsoft Update***...
  7. hp 8600 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp 8600 scanner: I want to scan documents to a PDF file. scanner works with Microsoft scanner ap but pdf file is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-8600-scanner/bc4bd016-cf48-4bf6-a4b0-b1d74cf7ff57
  8. Epson Scanner will not Save to Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Epson Scanner will not Save to Computer: I am having extreme difficulty saving a file to my computer. I have done this a million times before. I have reset everything and even re-downloaded software. Please help!...
  9. Epson XP-640 won't scan

Epson XP-640 won't scan: My Epson XP-640 printer/scanner won't scan anything. It doesn't connect to my laptop by Wi Fi anymore and I get a message saying that …. 'computer)s) for the WSD scanner were not found'....
  10. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...