Windows 10: Unable to reset my PIN

Discus and support Unable to reset my PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiIve forgotten my PIN, and when i have gone to reset it, on the settings page, it says 'Sorry - this PIN isnt working on your organisations devices.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Hopkins, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Unable to reset my PIN

HiIve forgotten my PIN, and when i have gone to reset it, on the settings page, it says 'Sorry - this PIN isnt working on your organisations devices. Tap or click here to fix it'When I then click on it, it gets me to sign in, however it is making me put my PIN in to sign in, i cant login any other way, Ive tried the authenticator app and it still needs a PIN.When I press forgotten my PIN, it tells me to go to settings and reset my PIN.I am currently stuck in a loop, because I cant change my PIN, and the only way i can change it requires my PIN.Please let me know if you can help,Thanks, Max

:)

Max Hopkins, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 25, 2022
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Aug 25, 2022
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Unable to reset my PIN

Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

Unable to reset my PIN

1. Unable to reset my PIN - Similar Threads - Unable reset PIN

2. unable to reset pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to reset pin: I have to use my pin. I get told that my pin is incorrect it is the right pin and is not recognised. I am told to reset my pin but in order to reset my pin I need to put in my pin. The system does not accept my correct pin....
  3. unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to reset pin: I have to use my pin. I get told that my pin is incorrect it is the right pin and is not recognised. I am told to reset my pin but in order to reset my pin I need to put in my pin. The system does not accept my correct pin....
  4. Unable to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  5. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  6. Unable to reset PIN

7. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  8. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  9. Unable to reset pin

10. Unable to reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset my PIN: HiIve forgotten my PIN, and when i have gone to reset it, on the settings page, it says 'Sorry - this PIN isnt working on your organisations devices. Tap or click here to fix it'When I then click on it, it gets me to sign in, however it is making me put my PIN in to sign in,...