Windows 10: Unable to Repair on Restart

Discus and support Unable to Repair on Restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem: Computer enters into an automatic repair mode when started, receive a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start correctly" I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eric_:, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Eric_: Win User

Unable to Repair on Restart

Problem: Computer enters into an automatic repair mode when started, receive a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start correctly" I am able to enter an advanced options mode. If I restart, the computer receives another bluescreen "your device ran into a problem and needs to be restarted. We'll restart for you." The computer then attempts to restart, but my monitor never recieves a signal again though the computer stays on?. If I turn it off the whole process starts over.Start of problem: my computer was turned off manually last night while running chrome and a game. Improper shutdo

:)

Eric_:, Sep 10, 2024

2. Unable to restart laptop

Norton Utilities installed for several months.

Runs daily.

Suggested repair disk.

Ran disk repair.

States unable to complete automatic repair.

Suggested restart computer.

Ran reboot but laptop will not restart. States "stop code" error. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Does anyone know how to restart my laptop?

rhinorock07, Sep 10, 2024
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 10, 2024
  4. Unable to Repair on Restart

Unable to automatic Repair, unable to restart

Hi Wincyy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We also thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Were all the updates installed successfully prior to upgrading Windows 10?

Which version of Windows was installed prior to Windows 10?

Try Downloading and Installing Windows 10 from the link below, and perform
    Automatic repair procedure from the steps provided below and check if the issue is resolved.

Download and Install Windows 10:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform Automatic repair:

Step 1: When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
    F12.

Step 2: The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

Step 3: Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
    Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
    CD\DVD ROM.

Step 4: After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

Step 5: Select the correct time and
    Keyboard type

Step 6: Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

Step 7: Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
    Automatic repair.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2024
Thema:

Unable to Repair on Restart

1. Unable to Repair on Restart - Similar Threads - Unable Repair Restart

2. Unable to Repair on Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Repair on Restart: Problem: Computer enters into an automatic repair mode when started, receive a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start correctly" I am able to enter an advanced options mode. If I restart, the computer receives another bluescreen "your device ran into a problem and...
  3. Unable to Repair on Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Repair on Restart: Problem: Computer enters into an automatic repair mode when started, receive a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start correctly" I am able to enter an advanced options mode. If I restart, the computer receives another bluescreen "your device ran into a problem and...
  4. Restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair driver errors: I have been getting the "restart to repair driver errors" notification basically every day for the past few months. I used to restart my computer but it doesn't appear that it would fix anything because I would continue to get the notification the next day. I ran the:fsutil...
  5. restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restart to repair driver errors: So when i boot up my pc this message always shows up, i tried the guide how to fix the problem but its still the same. Heres a photo for u i would really appreciate the help....
  6. repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair restart loop: while on Twitter last night my computer abruptly shut down and when it automatically restarted, it said that it had to repair disc errors and after that no matter what I have done it still tries to repair and then gives a blue screen saying that windows didn't start properly...
  7. Restart to Repair Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart to Repair Drive: I've recently been getting prompts to repair my C: drive which is a Samsung Evo SSD. Running the repair seems to fix the issue and my PC runs fine afterwards but it will happen again in a few days. What's damaging my drive? Does it need replaced? It's only about a year old....
  8. Unable to repair windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to repair windows: I hope someone here can help. I am my wits end with trying to repair windows. I have tried the reset and it just stops at about 50%. I ran sfc, chidsk and dism to repair windows with no luck. I have download the image and tried to reinstall from USB that to fails at about...
  9. Unable to repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to repair: I had recently updated my Windows and it got stuck at 91% then it is saying failed to restart automatic repair and when I clicked on restart the same page appears and asks again to restart . WHAT TO DO?...
  10. BSOD: Unable to repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD: Unable to repair: Suddenly my Surface Pro 3, entered into BSOD. I created Windows Installation Creation Tool. Tried to repair my PC by troubleshooting, however none of the options worked. Surprisingly, when I enter Troubleshoot, it directly takes me to Advanced Options, and does not show the...