Windows 10: Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

Discus and support Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [JayP], Nov 26, 2023.

1. [JayP] Win User

Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have installed the VPN app on my new Win11 PC and it connects to the work domain perfectly.Then I run RDP and attempt to connect to the work PC but I get an error below, after I click ok 3 times the error goes away and the credentials window pops up, I supply credentials and it sits at "connecting" for ages until it says not found

:)

[JayP], Nov 26, 2023

2. Unable to connect to Windows PC using the RDP client for iOS

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect to the PC using the Remote Desktop client on iOS device. I suggest you to refer the article related to

get started with Remote Desktop on iOS
    . Also, for more information you can check

frequently asked questions about the Remote Desktop clients

However, I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , as the forum provides dedicated support for issues related to Remote Desktop clients.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 26, 2023
  3. FEI
    fei Win User
    remote desktop RDP

Hi, I've spent a whole day trying to be able to connect to a windows 10 home pc. I ticked the box in my computer properties remote tab that says allow remote connections to be made. There are no other options for me on this tab. I then discovered Windows 10 home does not allow remote desktop which was annoying. So after lots of research I discovered RDP wrapper. Installed it, run rdpcheck which doesn't accept my login. Everything is running in RDP wrapper configuration.. all green, listening, fully supported etc. I type remote desktop connection on the search bar and that program shows up. But I still can't access this windows home pc remotely. I've disabled, antivirus, windows local and external firewalls, everything I can think off that could be blocking it. Remote desktop client on my phone and other pc still fails to see this win home pc though. Any suggestions? Thanks in adv

4. cikaDovlo Win User

RDP connection win10 -> win11

Hello,

I am trying to connect from one laptop (win10) to another one (win11) in the same wi-fi, over RDP, but I'm keep getting the "Your credentials did not work" message.

1. I enabled Remote Desktop connection on my target laptop (the one with win 11) and allowed remote connection in the Firewall settings.

2. For the RDP configuration, I entered the IP address of the target laptop and for the username I used the value that I got in cmd, "whoami" command. For the password I entered the one which I use on login screen.

I already tried everything that I found on the internet, and it does not work.

The funny thing is that when I try in opposite direction, RDP from laptop (win11) to laptop (win10), I manage to login over RDP, but in the direction that I need it is not working (although I follow all the same steps).

Do you have any idea what I can do more, because I am frustrated ?!

Thank you in advance.

cikaDovlo, Nov 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC - Similar Threads - Unable RDP remote

2. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment: Hello there, I realize that this query has been brought up a number of times, yet I am having difficulty connecting to a client machine from outside my LAN. Both Machines are Windows 10 Pro, LAN environment is Windows Domain. I am connecting using a random port number XXXX in...
  3. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment: Hello there, I realize that this query has been brought up a number of times, yet I am having difficulty connecting to a client machine from outside my LAN. Both Machines are Windows 10 Pro, LAN environment is Windows Domain. I am connecting using a random port number XXXX in...
  4. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC: I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have...
  6. RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors: I have a new windows laptop running 10 Pro and I want to remote in to my PC which has 3 monitors and I want to be able to switch between each of the monitors on my PC. How do I switch between them? NOTE: My IT did setup my laptop with a docking station that has 3 monitors...
  7. New PC is unable to use RDP to any server

New PC is unable to use RDP to any server: I have a new workstation running Windows 10 64 build 19041.508. I am unable to use RDP to connect to other workstations. I have attempted to connect to multiple different servers, all of which I am able to connect with from other devices on the same network using the same RDP...
  8. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  9. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...
  10. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.: I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the...