Windows 10: Unable to perform task

Discus and support Unable to perform task in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First of all, I can not change my profile picture, Things I've tried so far to fix error 1: System File Checker SFC and DISMClear Cached Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by qubitpainter, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:57 PM.

1. Unable to perform task

First of all, I can not change my profile picture, Things I've tried so far to fix error 1: System File Checker SFC and DISMClear Cached Account PicturesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer UseDefaultTile 0HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI BackupDefaultUserPictures 1HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowUserPicture , created and value set to 1 But so far nothing, as for error no.2 every time I try to sign into learn.microsft.com, "it asks me to identify myself,

:)

qubitpainter, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:57 PM
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

3. Swapna S Win User
    Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

4. Unable to perform task

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 29, 2024 at 8:38 PM
Thema:

Unable to perform task

1. Unable to perform task - Similar Threads - Unable perform task

2. Unable to perform task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to perform task: First of all, I can not change my profile picture, Things I've tried so far to fix error 1: System File Checker SFC and DISMClear Cached Account PicturesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer UseDefaultTile...
  3. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  4. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  5. Forgot admin password and unable to download software or perform any maintenance tasks and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot admin password and unable to download software or perform any maintenance tasks and...: I purchased a Dell laptop for my daughter and created a standard user account for her to use, and I set up an admin account to login to her computer. I stopped logging to the device for a while and I forgot the admin password. The admin account was set up using my Microsoft...
  6. Cortana cannot perform tasks

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot perform tasks: Cortana cannot perform tasks that she is supposed to do set reminders, set events in Calendar, opening apps. Everytime i tell her to do something like that she says Sorry I don't know the answer to this one when i tell her to open apps she gives me instructions on how to open...
  7. Blue Screen&Computer freezing unable to perform any task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen&Computer freezing unable to perform any task: So am experiencing a blue screen with my brand new asus laptop I just got a few months ago. The window is pre-installed. I already run a startup setting using Safe Mode with Networking and uninstalled some third party software as microsoft have suggested and it still turned...
  8. Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user: There are two administrators of which I am the owner of my pc and ICT service is the other. I've just changed my status to standard user and therefore cannot have access to do anything like installing a software or make changes as usual. When I tried to install a software,...
  9. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...
  10. GPU Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Performance in Task Manager: After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop. That option is not showing up and I can find no way to enable it. Anyone have any idea? JohnD 95970