Windows 10: Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

Discus and support Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Larry_312, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Larry_312 Win User

Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd. Both of them has the "open with" box popped up, which is the same as other applications.What is happening to my pc? Can anyone help?Thanks a lot.

:)

Larry_312, Feb 24, 2022

2. .exe files and regedit not opening

So, I was trying to open a program and it said that .exe file not working. So, I searched the internet and it said that if I change the directory of .exe from regedit to "%1" %* but I wrote it as "%1"%*.

After I closed regedit after doing this then all my .exe files stopped working. It said that windows can't open this file.

I then knew that i did something wrong and should perhaps change it to the way it was. I tried opening regedit through various ways but it just doesn't open.

Help please!!! Thanks in advance...

PeeyushVerma, Feb 24, 2022
  3. exe files and regedit

I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and
    that didn't work. Now, I can't get regedit to work! i am so frustrated. Could somebody help me and tell me what is going on here please?

JuniorHamilton1, Feb 24, 2022
  4. Romu71d Win User

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file.

Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ?

Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files [​IMG]

Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files [​IMG]

Romu71d, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files - Similar Threads - Unable open regedit

2. I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit: I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-any-exe-file-in-my-sys-also-regedit/2782aa8d-5076-4e70-944f-45ca29876bac
  3. I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit: I can not open any .exe file in my Sys., also regedit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-any-exe-file-in-my-sys-also-regedit/2782aa8d-5076-4e70-944f-45ca29876bac
  4. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  5. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  6. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  7. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  8. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...
  9. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...