Windows 10: Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

Discus and support Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Naga Mahesh1, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option for set up my pin. I have entered into that option and i have entered my password but this says incorrect password. Right after that i signed in to the same account with same account in my another laptop and that password works. What can i do now

:)

Naga Mahesh1, Apr 16, 2023

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2023
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 16, 2023
  4. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

Unable to login my laptop

I'm unable to login my laptop. Every time it will show sign-in options below the text field but now I cannot see that option and it's asking only password. I used to login my laptop with a PIN but now it's not accepting the PIN and asking only for password
    but I didn't set any password.

RakeshBeesetty, Apr 16, 2023
Thema:

Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

1. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening - Similar Threads - Unable login laptop

2. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  3. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  4. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening: I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option for set up my pin. I have entered into that option and i have entered my password but this says incorrect password. Right...
  5. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  6. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  7. Every login is asking me for a pin.

8. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  9. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  10. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin