Windows 10: Unable to get verification code on gmail

Discus and support Unable to get verification code on gmail in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to login my User on my laptop and its asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account then asking for the verification code it sent but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pierson M Lee, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:52 PM.

1. Unable to get verification code on gmail

I am trying to login my User on my laptop and its asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account then asking for the verification code it sent but I never receive it.

:)

Pierson M Lee, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:52 PM
  2. mngerhold Win User

Add gmail account to outlook without text message verification?

A screenshot might help us identify whether it is MS or gmail that is responsible for this (my guess is gmail). The MS instructions you linked to say that no verification should be required if 2FA (in gmail) is off.
    I suggest you turn on 2FA in gmail, and try again.

3. Megahertz Win User
    Outlook & Gmail requires two-step verification

I have used the procedure described on Outlook and 2-Step Verification for Gmail accounts - MSOutlook.info (two-step verification + create an app id password) to access Gmail POP3 from Outlook 2010. Now I have two passwords - A password created by me to access Gmail on a browser - A password created by Gmail to be used on Outlook (where does two-step verification comes in I don't know as Outlook works the same way as before)

4. tjg79 Win User

Unable to get verification code on gmail

Outlook & Gmail requires two-step verification

I'm running Win 10 Pro on an HP notebook with Office 365. I use Outlook to send and receive email from my gmail and yahoo email accounts. Today I noticed that Outlook couldn't access gmail. I can access gmail with my browser and android phone no problem. I contacted Microsoft Support and the first rep fixed the problem by generating an app password and two-step verification. I removed the two-step verification, and the problem reoccured. I contacted Microsoft Support again and the rep could not get Outlook to send and receive gmail unless two-step verifciation was active. The two-step verification is a pain in the ass. I'd like to find a way to continue using Outlook for gmail, but I don't want the hassle of two-step verifcation. I think Microsoft and Google ought to fix this issue. I don't think you should need a smart phone to use Outlook. Does anyone know of a solution that doesn't require two-step verification?

Thema:

Unable to get verification code on gmail

1. Unable to get verification code on gmail - Similar Threads - Unable verification code

2. Unable to get verification code on gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get verification code on gmail: I am trying to login my User on my laptop and its asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account then asking for the verification code it sent but I never receive it....
  3. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  4. not getting verification code

not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  5. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cannot get verification code

Cannot get verification code: i need to unlock my microsoft account and i cannot retrive the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-verification-code/86c25e03-6fc2-43a2-88ce-b23433cd7a9c
  7. New PC unable to get verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC unable to get verification code: I need help logging into a new laptop. I can’t get a verification code from Microsoft because the email created was incorrectly setup with a yahoo.org.uk address. I have tried getting a verification code sent to my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work.My 12 year old...
  8. New PC unable to get verification code

New PC unable to get verification code: I need help logging into a new laptop. I can’t get a verification code from Microsoft because the email created was incorrectly setup with a yahoo.org.uk address. I have tried getting a verification code sent to my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work.My 12 year old...
  9. Verification Code Email Will Not Send to Gmail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verification Code Email Will Not Send to Gmail: My Computer recently updated and wants me to reset my pin. I connect myself to the internet, and go through the steps to set it up. I enter the correct password to my account and then it says that it needs to verify with my secondary email. I enter my email correctly I...
  10. unable to receive verification codes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to receive verification codes: i can not receive any codes with my mobile phone, even though it is working properly. what am i suppose to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-receive-verification-codes/24134097-2c90-487c-b406-19c2a91f2623