Windows 10: Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

Discus and support Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,When I used the old outlook, it was easy and simple to download attachments to the PC by dragging the file from the email directly to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JasonFV, Apr 18, 2023.

1. JasonFV Win User

Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

Hello,When I used the old outlook, it was easy and simple to download attachments to the PC by dragging the file from the email directly to the folder.However, after I switched to the New Outlook, It wont let me drag the files from the email to the folder.I have to click on the down arrow to show options such as "preview", "save to one drive" or "download".Is it just an error because the new outlook is literally new and due to errors or does this not support drag to download anymore?Thank you in advance

:)

JasonFV, Apr 18, 2023

2. Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi Rainer,

Allow me to assist you.

A quick question before we proceed.

What happens when you try to drag and drop attachments in Outlook 2016?

Let’s start Outlook in Safe Mode following steps mentioned below, then try drag and drop an attachment
    and verify the result.

* Hold Windows key + R.

* Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press
    Enter

Outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between Outlook and ‘/’.

If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in.

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

Hope it helps fix the drag and drop. Try the suggestion and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 18, 2023
  3. Outlook attachment not downloading (outlook phone app)

Unable to download attachment (ppt) in outlook app in Lumia 640.

sushantnawale, Apr 18, 2023
  4. Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

Unable to attach photos in outlook emails in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to attach photos in emails in Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

• Are you facing the issue with Microsoft office Outlook or Outllook.com web browser or Mail app?
    If you are using the Mail app, I suggest you to access Outlook.com through web browser and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply us with the above information and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 18, 2023
Thema:

Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

1. Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder. - Similar Threads - Unable download attachments

2. unable to download New Outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to download New Outlook: Can not down load NEW OUTLOOK. When attempting to sign in and syncing IMAP to my current outlook, it keeps looping with "waiting for sign in" I have several email accounts with my current outlook and a separate password for each account. I am wondering if that would create...
  3. unable to download New Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download New Outlook: Can not down load NEW OUTLOOK. When attempting to sign in and syncing IMAP to my current outlook, it keeps looping with "waiting for sign in" I have several email accounts with my current outlook and a separate password for each account. I am wondering if that would create...
  4. unable to download New Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.

Unable to download attachments from the "New Outlook" by simply dragging it to a folder.: Hello,When I used the old outlook, it was easy and simple to download attachments to the PC by dragging the file from the email directly to the folder.However, after I switched to the New Outlook, It wont let me drag the files from the email to the folder.I have to click on...
  6. How to simply edit email attachments

How to simply edit email attachments: I recently purchased Dell Notebook With windows 10 , and there’s a problem with email that I just can’t solve. I’ve always been able to open, edit, save, and return Word documents to the sender without having to save the document to my computer. I have configured my mail in...
  7. Default folder for saving Outlook attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default folder for saving Outlook attachments: How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-folder-for-saving-outlook-attachments/30bfa635-da16-4722-b5b2-92ac35c9c2f1"
  8. Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook: As per the latest findings, Microsoft appears to be working on several new features for the Chromium-based browsers. Late last week, a commit revealed that Microsoft is helping the Chromium-browsers to support the Windows 10’s system styling for captions displayed in a video....
  9. cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10: Hi All. Two issues that may be related? 1) after upgrading to Win 10 (I use office 365) I can no longer Drag & Drop a file into a message body, but it will allow by using the "attach file" tool in Outlook 2013. 2) the Windows Desktop Search is no longer active making...
  10. Drag and drop attachment

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop attachment: With Win7, I could right click on the taskbar icon, pick up a previous file and drag it into my gmail to attach. Not an option with Win10- any way to do this with a work-around?? thanks Jeff 50882